sales order BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear gurus,

i am having sales order bom query

this is the scenario

sales order is created say 111 with line item 10-A,20-b,30-c

for A material bom is created

if i am creating sales order bom wit reference to so 111 line item 10.

now i am having two bom for material a

1.material bom

2.sales order bom

during mrp system will plan acording to material bom only

how sales order bom influences production/mrp?

what are the uses of sales order bom.please explain with clear examples so that i can understand.

please clarify my doubt

-gideon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process is as follows:-

1)You enter a sales order for the configurable PC.

2)When you enter the sales order, the system asks you to assign the characteristics.

3)You assign the characteristics according to the wishes of the customer.

With the help of the object dependencies, the system automatically selects specific items from the super BOM.

4)The customer chooses the processor with 550 MHz.

The sales employee assigns the characteristic processor with "550".

With the help of the object dependencies, the system automatically selects the processor with 550 MHz.

5)You save the sales order.

The system saves the characteristic value assignment with the sales order.

6)You carry out technical postprocessing of the BOM.

The technician determines that, in certain circumstances, the fan, which you normally install in your computers, is not sufficient for prolonged usage in this computer configuration. Therefore he decides to replace the fan in the computer for this customer, with a stronger one.

7)Since you only want to install the stronger fan into this PC, you create an order BOM. In the order BOM, you exchange the standard fan for the stronger one with the material number L-20. This change only affects the order BOM for this sales order, the material BOM on the other hand remains unchanged.

8)You execute a MRP run.

The system generates planned orders to cover the requirements. The order BOMs are also taken into account.

9)You convert the planned orders into production orders.

The system transfers the order BOMs into the component overview of the production order. The order plans are also automatically taken into account by the system.

Reward if helpful.

With Regards,

PATHIK

Answers (0)