Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine configuration

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we install non-central adapter engine in PI 7.1 EHP1? if yes pls provide the installation guide.

when I search in sdn, I found installation guide for non-central Advance Adapter Engine

Regards,

Pradeep A.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adapter engine is named as (Advanced) Adapter engine from the version 7.1 onwards. The reason is you can process the message within adapter engine itself.  So the same document is good enough.

former_member609026
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Please correct me if I am wrong.

In Pi 7.1 we can process messages either through adapter engine (By configuring SA,RA,ID,RD) or through Advance Adapter Engine (by configuring  Integrated Configuration step).

So you mean to say that if I follow the below document, then I can process the messages through Non-central Adapter engine on both AE and AAE (as referred above).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10cf9746-e819-2c10-bd82-97bfbde82...

Regards,

Pradeep A.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

In Pi 7.1 we can process messages either through adapter engine (By configuring SA,RA,ID,RD) or through Advance Adapter Engine (by configuring  Integrated Configuration step).

If you configure SA,RA,IF,RD the message will go by the Advanced Adapter Engine and later to the Integration Engine (ABAP side). SAP recommends to use, if it's possible because in SAP PI 7.1 not all adapters are in the AAE,  the integrated configuration object. With this object all proccesing is in the AAE and the PI dont need to send the message to the ABAP-side and you increment the efficency.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>So you mean to say that if I follow the below document, then I can process the messages through Non-central Adapter engine on both AE and AAE (as referred above).

Let me put this way, Decentral engine is like one more adapter engine installed and u also have the flexibility to chosse the routing of messages from Central or de-central AAE (when u configure ur CC, at that point u can chosse between AAE and decentral AAE)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (0)