cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in PI after patching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Basis has applied patches to our system.

However, after the patching,all the communication channels are in red status or turn red when we try to test a scenario.

We did a cache refresh and also restarted server level service: CPA cache via netweaver administrator,which was ok.

But, all scenarios are failing in sxmb_moni with error: "Communication failure during JCo call ,error when opening an RFC connection"

When we tried to change the password in RFC communication channels, it gives error "Error loading adapter metadata", Attempt to access application Repository using HMI failed, sxmb_ifr transaction is not working.

Our sm59 connection tests are failing: Error while opening an RFC connection.

Error: program sapfallback not registered.

Can you please help in this.

Thanks,

Monika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!! Solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

The issue seems to be with the JCO communication that interacts with JAVA and ABAP.

Change the KeepAlive parameter to 0 and can try.

We had this issue, SAP suggested to change the KeepAlive parameter.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Which is your PI version and the patch installed?, may be any note could explain this issue, also you can open a oss note.

Regads.

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Monica,

Check if SAPJSF user is locked. Sometimes that will cause this kind of issue. Although i am not sure if this is the case with you, give it a try.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it looks something went wrong at the time of Support pack upgradation,if this issue is happening in production then ask your basis team to restore the system , definetly they would have taken back up of the system.

if the issue in dev/quality then basis can fix this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah!! Basis have sent this issue to me to suggest them

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

stop and start channels. and see results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja, I will try that,but what about the TCP/IP connections, all of them are not working.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

something really went wrong with patch upgradation i beleive. As a PI consultant point view you cant do much more on this(googling/searching in scn).