cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oss Note 954268: how to skip the brconnect step

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm are testing the Unicode conversion for a R/3 47 Ent system,  based on We As 620.

I noticed during the import phase a very long runtime spent by brconnect on the target database.

Pratically the brconnect take by alone the same time occurred for the export/import process, and this is not

acceptable.

We are using the unsorted export as for note 954268.

The same note says at the end do not run the statistics update by Sapinst, because it takes a lot of time as it will update the indexes.

The problem is that Sapinst doesn not allow to choice to skip this step during the Database Instance installation; no gui screep appear

asking if you want or not run the brconnect.

Sapinst just run brconenct  by itself as the import of the data is finished.

We are  using this version of Sapinst:

SAP Installation Master

SAP Netweaver

04 SR1

SAP ERP 2004 SR1

SAP SCM 4.1, SAP SRM 4.0 SR1

SAP R/3 Enterprise

47x200 SR1

ORACLE 10.2/11.2

Number 51040087

So the question  is:

how we should make sapinst able to skip the brconnect step ?

That is not explained into the 954268 note.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I had also similar issue while using SAPINST, I play little trick it might work for you. Immediatly after run stats job, I cancelled SAPINST ( Ctrl+C) on my unix prompt where SAPINST was running. After that I just copy keydb.xml file to ORG_keydb.xml.old and edit keydb.xml file in installation directory. Look for the word "ERROR" and replace "ERROR" with "OK". Save the file and start the SAPINST.

Now if you go to OS level ( if youdo ps -ef | grep -i stat) you can run stat job is still running on even though you have cancelled the SAPINT. Now its up to you whether you want continue with run stats along with other job or cancell the run stat process manually.

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this it the better , old solution: to modify the Keydb.xml after the failure of the sapinst.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Stefan in the thread below, for older SAPInst have to trick the same so as to think stats have been updated:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1194546

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the Stefan's solution it's very nice but it does not works for me.

The Sapinst fails because the BRCONNECT cannot connect the database.

Thanks anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

This section of SAP note answers your question -

"

Release and availability:

The 'unsorted unload' feature is integrated in SAPinst as of SAP NetWeaver 2007 and can be configured by means of the dialogs.

If you want to use the feature in earlier releases (that is, earlier than SAP NetWeaver 2007), you must configure the unsorted export in the Migration Monitor manually. The feature should only be used by a certified migration consultant or by an experienced migrator with in-depth knowledge of the R3ldctl, R3load, Migration Monitor and STR splitter tools. Questions regarding the functionality of the tools specified, integrating the feature into the system copy procedure, configuring the Migration Monitor or splitting the STR files can only be dealt with as part of chargeable consulting services."

As you are using SAP NW 2004 and not NW 7.0 sapinst, you need to configure the unsorted export in Migration monitor manually. To avoid this, i will recommed you to use NW 2007 sapinst so that you can set up the needed option in options itself.

Regards,

Ashutosh Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the feedback.

But the problem is not the unsorted export, as I managed it manually in the Distribution Monitor and it work fine.

The problem is the sapinst that does not allow to choose to do or skip the execution of the statistics after the DB load.

I cannot use a different sapinst because the source release is 47 Ent.

regards