cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPMEINT with R/3 releases 4.7 or lower

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Can SAP ME 6.0 be integrated with R/3 4.7 or earlier versions using SAPMEINT?

The help specifically talks about ECC 6.0 when using SAPMEINT in ME 6.0.

Additionally the ME 5.2 help states that "Many integration points are backwards compatible to SAP ERP 4.6c. Contact SAP ME

consultant for specific release information."

Does that mean that ME 5.2 would support integration with the earlier R/3 releases but with cetain limitations? If yes then can I get those details from some where?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Udayan 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Udayan,

According to SAP Note #1594439 ECC 5.0 or higher is required.

Please note that ME 6.0 has not been certified with previous versions hence it may work with issues. To implement an integration with ECC 4.7 you do need to request consultancy.

For ME 5.2, please, refer to SAP Note #1334061. Also, ECC 5.0 or higher is required.

Regards,

Alex.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan, You can make MEINT work with any SAP version as long you are pushing IDOCS.

You can't user DRF ,you have to use POIT,POIM for manua pushing or combination of  user exits,change pointers ,scheduling jobs to push IDOCS.

But present Inbound Work flow XSLTs which comes out of box may not work because they are written in keeping mind of newer IDOC structures.

So,Inbound XSLT's might need changes based on IDOC from ECC.

Thanks

Hari

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

As described in the online help, the integration can be configured as Type A, B or C depending on the version of ERP. The difference between the implementation is mentioned there also. Unfortunately, 4.7 is not supported but on that page you can find SAP Note 1583890 for Field Mapping so if you make sure you follow it, you might tune 4.7 to work too.

Integration of Master Data

Integration of Transaction Data

Regards,

Sergiy