cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

As we are aware about SAP Standard "Sales Organization cannot share master data with other sales organizations, we must create Master data separately for each sales organization".

I would like to understand the meaning of this. Does it mean that any master data ( Customer or Material Master) created for Sales organization 'X' can't be created for Sales organization 'Y'. But we can EXTEND Master data ( Customer or Material) from Sales Org 'X' to Sales Org 'Y' within company code or across company codes with the same Number. or Does it mean that we can Define common Distribution channel and Division and not for Sales Organization.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

with regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

If u have 3 sales areas

You can make 1 common sales area by going into Img-Sd-MD - common distribution chnl & division

And also maintain all entries for making common sales area-Sd-sales-sales doc-assaign sales area to sales org

Now u can create master data under 1 sales area n can share it with other sales area

Ex: 1 abc-sales area

2. Xyz-sales area

3.mkl-sales area

If master data Avail in 1st sales area again u no-need to create master data in 2nd sales area

Now u can create sales order in above 3 sales areas by utilizing master data of 1st sales area

Best regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Sales Organization cannot share master data with other sales organizations, we must create Master data separately for each sales organization"

Can you please let me know from where you got the above text ?  For information, I have tested for a company code creating two sales organisations and I could create a customer with the same code under two sales organisations.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I could find in SAP help file. Please find the following path to extract the same and a Screen shot for your reference. Even I could extend Master Data for other Sales organizations.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/d3/4b4f85843b11d29c5c0000e8a51c6e/content.htm

with regards,