cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Approval for PO created using Extended Classic Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing Extended Classic Scenario,once a shopping cart is approved, PO is created. This PO will be leading document. My question is, will this PO be automatically approved. As in, will we be able to create GRN against it directly? Or do we need to have additional approval once this PO is created? Similar to PO release strategy.

Can we have a PO release/ approval strategy if required?

Kindly let me know.

Also, pls let me know where are additional details about Extended Classic scenario.

Regards,

Bhakti Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SRM PO will go for the approval based on the workflow configured.

There is automatic approval workflow availble in the standard which you have to configure. You can also activate standard auto workflow BC set in SCPR20 transaction.

Once PO is approved it will create ECC PO. In ECC again the PO approval depends on the release staregy. If you have no release stragey defined for SRM PO in ECC GR can be created against that immediately.

You can trigger the confirmation in SRM or directly go the GR in ECC,

You can go through the SAP help for extended classic scenario and refer the config documents from service market place for configuration.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the help. We are using SRM 7.0. The scenario is extended classic. but, we will be creating Confirmation in SRM only and post only Invoice in ECC. Hence, we will not be making use of the PO release strategy in the ECC.

I understand that there is a workflow for SC approval. But, after the SC is approved and a PO is created is there another workflow similar to PO release strategy in ECC? Or will the PO be open directly fro creating Confirmation in SRM?

Regards,

Bhakti

Bhakti Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once SC is approved, SRM PO is created. Based on config there may be workflow (either application controlled and process controlled) or auto approval workflow for the SRM PO.

Workflow is there for SRM PO but it is not based on release strategy unlike ECC PO.

After the approval of SRM PO, it will be replicated to ECC and ECC PO will be created.

Then the SRM PO is open for confirmation.

Hope I could clarify your doubt.

With Regards,

Malay

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. When PO is created in SRM, PO is opened for confirmation, wether it may be SRM or ECC. When confirmation is approved (in case of approvals) in SRM & created then only one can post invoice in ECC/SRM.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Malay. So, if required I can have a workflow for PO approval or can by-pass it directly for creating Confirmation.

Thanks,

Bhakti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all what version of SRM you are using, you can find very usefull information from the documetn posted by Ramki (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20db5a52-c0db-2e10-3daf-9c0d91af7...)

Also, from sap help file: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm40/helpdata/en/e9/d0fc3729b5db48e10000009b38f842/content.htm

Also, if your system is SRM 7.0 version, you can use BRF / Application controlled workflows. In general if you are creating a PO from shopping cart (once SC approval is done) then PO should be created without any approval. But when you make a change to existing PO / create a new PO directly without preceeding shopping cart / creating a PO via sourcing cockpit (via process shopping cart) then you can setup the approval workflow for PO.

Regards,

Krish

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One can keep approval strategy for all documents in SRM.

There are two types of workflow's SRM:

1. Application Controlled Workflow
  2. Process Controlled Workflow

If you setup no approval process then you can create not only GR but also any other SRM document directly.

I hope it helps.

Regards,