Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SCENARIO IN FREE GOODS DETERMINATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

My scenario is like this,,,

Customer earns some points,,based on lot of scenarios,,,

Based on that points ,the company offers free goods to him.And it varies for different product groups

For example    

Prod group      free goods qty       points reduce from customers points per qty  

a                         1                                        5

b                         1                                        4    

c                         1                                        3

d                         1                                        2

e                         1                                        1

So if a customer has 100 points means

if he needs material as free from product group A means ,,,he will get  100/5 = 20 materials as free

suppose B means 100/4 = 25 materials,,,,,Like that i need to perform free goods determination,,,

PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTIONS ON THIS.    WILL WE DO IN STANDARD???????????   OR ANY DEVELOPMENT WORK NEEDED,,, OR WE HAVE TO DO ANY CUSTOMIZATION??????????

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vasanth

In standard it is not possible. You need to do is a little customization.

You can use material group field in material master MVGR1 to MVGR5 are available to group different materials.

Create condition table taking this field and maintain condition record with with this table e.g. product group wise.

For determination you can try calculation rule in VBN1 like i have shown in below screen. Tell your logic to your ABAPER and he will write a routine for it,

Update the remaining points in your Z table accordingly.

I am not sure it will work for your scenario but i think it should work. Try and update the forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mozzam ali

Thanku for ur reply,,,it really give some idea to me,,,,definitely i will try and update the forum

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth

Did you check this and did it works?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to give free goods based on only number of points rather than quantity of materials entered in order then in VBN1, in the 'for' column you can make use of by entering number of points to give free goods.

for example, in your one of the case you give every 5 points 1 free goods, so you enter 5 in 'for' column and 1 in 'add FG' column.

Now here, Standard SAP considers 'for' column as number of quantity which needs to be replaced with number of points so i guess you have to have the development accordingly.

I guess it should work, let me know if its positive.

Thanks,

Jaydip

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The automatic determination of free items will not meet your requirement since it is the choice of the customer to select the free good among a choice of many products.

One option is to define a new custom item category (copying TANN and with little customization if required) and assign it manually in the sales order for the items the user wants to take it free by redeeming the points. The abaper can develop code to achieve the required functionality like updating the custom table for the points etc.,

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The automatic determination of free items will not meet your requirement since it is the choice of the customer to select the free good among a choice of many products.

One option is to define a new custom item category (copying TANN and with little customization if required) and assign it manually in the sales order for the items the user wants to take it free by redeeming the points. The abaper can develop code to achieve the required functionality like updating the custom table for the points etc.,

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth,

I have read your scenario completely. I got one thought on your query.what is that,

1. Create One Dummy Material as for Points as Z. (Consider this Z material as Main)

2. Create another Free of Goods like" a,b,c and d " like this way.

3. Maintain the Condition Records as "Exclusively"in VK11 (I am not sure this will help or not).

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear naren

Thank you for your reply,,,

But i think,,it wont work,,,bcos the points will going to vary for each and every customer,,,

any way thanks for ur reply again,,,try to get some solutions,,and post here,,thanks in advance

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya Exactly ,What you have said is Correct.But in that way ,you have to create a New Table as Customer and Material Combination and maintain the Condition records as Customer and material Wise. I think ,this is exactly suitable for the above requirement.

If you have further doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I feel you will have to write a ABAP code in such a manner which will read the point from Z-Table, then determine the Free Goods & subsequently update the Z-Table with balance points.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI naren

thanku for ur reply..

Even that also,,,in condition record we can maintain for a main item,,one free good item,,

but in this scenario,,,the customer have the option to select the free goods product.

and also,,,in exclusive method we need to specify the free good item and qty,,

but in this scenario,, the system itself calculate the free good product qty,,,,based on the product group...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jignesh,,,

Your are right,,,we plan like that,,,but problem is with that free goods determination procedure only,,,how to do that free goods determination procedure,,,have any option in standard itself or want to do any customization

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where you are maintaining the points?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mozzam ali

Its in a customized table