cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master creation with another company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a company code DRRI with sales area DRAP-DE-AP but when i am creating customer in XD01 it is saving customer in company code 1000

The message is like this  ( 5000001 customer is created under company code 1000 sales area DRAP-DE-AP).But i have not assigned sales organisation DRAP to DRRI .I have checked EC01 also every thing is correct ,but why it is happening.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please assign your Company Code DRRI to DRAP-DE-AP before remove Company Code 1000 to that Sales Area.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran

ckeck in OVAO.

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ovao we have reference sales org.so it is showing 1000.Do we have to change any thing here

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ovao we have reference sales org.so it is showing 1000.Do we have to change any thing here

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kiran,

In my opinion, in OVAO, you should change the refsalesogr from 1000 to DRAP

Thus - (salesorg) DRAP -----> (refsalesogr) DRAP

The default company code 1000 might be because of the above setting (refsalesorg = 1000 and might be salesorg 1000 is assigned to company code 1000).

Also, assign sales org DRAP to company code DRAP

Then test by creating a CMR with sales area DRAP,....,.... and company code DRAP

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kiran,

If you want to extend this customer 5000001 to Company Code DRRI, please use transaction code FD01,

In the selection screen:

give account group, customer, company code DRRI

as reference give customer and company code 1000

But i have not assigned sales organisation DRAP to DRRI 

Please check the sales organization DRAP is assigned to which company code, IMG>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Sales and Distribution>Assign Sales org to Company code.

If sales organization DRAP is assigned to some other company code than DRRI, then why are you trying to create a CMR with company code DRRI and sales area DRAP,.....,?

This in my opinion is incorrect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran ,

When you create the customer master using XD01, the Company Code view and Sales View are created independently. It is SAP standard behaviour.system will not validate whether the company code is assigned to the sales organization.It is more like creating the customer master company code view in FD01 and sales view in VD01. XD01 is just the combination.

There is always a possiblity in the business process to have the customer master only with Company Code view and also only with Sales View.

When the customer is used in the sales order, system validates whether the sales area is maintained. In the billing document, system checks whether company code view is maintained.

With Regards

Vinu.N

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

Good information about the "independence / system not checking the link between sales org and company code" during XD01. I too have realized that (tested it in IDES).

When the customer is used in the sales order, ........In the billing document, system checks whether company code view is maintained.

Are you saying during billing process, the system extracts the required Company Code Data from the CMR?

The checking of "the completeness" of the information in the company code data of a CMR is done during the creation of the CMR, by the system. Would you agree with that?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

On data point of view, system checks whether you are maintaining the proper data at the time of customer master creation.

But only during the billing document creation, system checks whether the company code view is extended for the customer master. If the company code view is not extended, then billing document will be created but accounting document will not get generated.

Regards

Vinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kiran,

firstly u have to check ur assignments with sales org, dis chn, and division in enterprise structure, then u have to check in  sales and distribution in this u find master data in this check common dist channel and division and last check in sales document header where u have to assign ur       sales area to ur  sales document type.....plz check and revert back........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

In addition to above step replied by other mates, also check the

1. sales org assignment -  to company code - IMG-ES-ASSIGNMENT-SD- assign sales org co.code

CHECK:OVX3, OVXK & OVXA

2. common master data - IMG - SD - MASTER DATA - DEFINE COMMON DIST CHNL AND DIVISION

CHECK: VOR1 & OVR2

3. CHECK Sales area assignment to sales docs - OVAZ

here Check the below

Combine sales organizations

Combine distribution channels

Combine divisions

Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas

Best Regards,

Mh

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Apart from the views above.Please go to SE16N table KNB1 put the Customer 5000001 is created in which Comp code then  you will be confirm. Then Check the creation date and then check the Sales area assignment with comp code and that assignment date.

Now you will be more clear.

Now go for new creation and see any msg is coming or not.

Then let us know.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked in sm16n in table knb1 ,it is showing that customer is saved under 1000 only.What i have to do ?

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to XD01 put your Customer 5000001 and Comp Code as DRRI provide the Sales Area as per your choice and extend the Customer.

Then check the Tables KNB1 & KNVV and see where the customer is maintained.

If got any issue then let me know.

Thanks,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are saving in 1000 company code only

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suman, Narendra,

Suman: check the Sales area assignment with comp code

Narendra: Please assign your Company Code DRRI to DRAP-DE-AP

You have suggested to check the assignment of sales area to company code.

From my understand there is assignment of sales organization to company code.

Could you please comment on your suggestions?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Actually, if you did any small mistake in SPRO Level /Configuration level that will impact all / System Strongly.

Coming to the your point is I know ,The company Code assignment with Sales Organization but you maintain correct assignment with Company Code to Sales Organization ,What about another assignments relevant Company Code to Sales Organization to Distributional Channel like this way.

I have created a company code DRRI with sales area DRAP-DE-AP but when i am creating customer in XD01 it is saving customer in company code 1000.

1. Please check which Company Code you have maintain on overview screen of XD01 when you creating Customer (you can get an error on overview screen if you maintain wrong assignments b/w Company Code and Sales Organization why because you want Company Code DRAP not 1000 right so in case if you did wrong ,you should get error) .

2. Check Assignments of  Company Code to Sales Organization.

I have not assigned sales organisation DRAP to DRRI .I have checked EC01 also every thing is correct ,but why it is happening.

whatever you Posted query is enough to solve your issue .Please read once again above lines.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

(you can get an error on overview screen if you maintain wrong assignments b/w Company Code and Sales Organization why because you want Company Code DRAP not 1000 right so in case if you did wrong ,you should get error) .

Please read Vinu's below post:

When you create the customer master using XD01, the Company Code view and Sales View are created independently. It is SAP standard behaviour.system will not validate whether the company code is assigned to the sales organization.It is more like creating the customer master company code view in FD01 and sales view in VD01. XD01 is just the combination.

Also please test and check if the error message is populated (w.r.t. your above comment).

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I expected from you this point .

Ex : You maintained  assignments Company Code DRRI and DRAP Sales Organization but you are going to create Customer in 1000 Company Code (when you maintain 1000 Company Code on XD01 on Overview Screen and relevant Sales Area why because you dont have correct settings b/w Company Code to Sales Organization).

Company Code DRRI with Sales Area DRAP-DE-AP  Desire

Company Code 1000 with Sales Area DRAP-DE-AP not Desire

when you maintain settings 1000 to relevant Sales Area but you want DRRI ,in this case you are going to create Customer in DRRI to relevant Sales Area (if you maintain this way on overview on XD01,you should get an error.

What will you get ? please test it in your IDEAS and update here .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

For confirmation purposes, I have tested again (now).

Please read below the details of my test.

Sales org 1000 assigned to company code 1000

In XD01 -

Initial screen

Account group 0001

Customer BLANK (as it is internal numbering)

Company code 3000

Sales org 1000

Distribution channel 10

Division 00

It is allowing me to enter in to the CMR details (i.e. General data)

No error message got.

Side comment: My only intention / goal (when "disagreeing" or asking etc.) is to learn.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering why the System allowing when you maintain wrong Company Code with Sales Area,I dont have right now SAP thats why I didnt test it .

I think ,this is fully dis-advantage .

Regards : Thanks for update here

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Please read below link, especially posts by Suman dutta Sharma and myself.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-sd/how-to-prevent-customer-creation-in-...