cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCM Catalog in SRM7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we are using SRM7, ECC6 Ehp4.0, we want to use catalog for creating shopping cart.

shall we use CCM catalog in SRM7 ? if yes we want to transer ECC contracts in to catalog and use this catalog for creating shopping.

please help if any of you use this scenario.

Regards,

raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

The other option is if you have less number of catalog items, then you can create a contract with those items and use the contract as a source of supply . That is if you have less catalog items or if you dont want to use MDM.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Timea and Naveen

It seems it is better to go wioth MDM catalog in SRM7, so do i need to install SRM MDM componenet ? or do i need to go for seperate MDM server ?

please suggest

Regards,

Raghu

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

to install SRM-MDM Catalog, you will have SRM-MDM licence. With the SRM-MDM licence you can install the necessary MDM components too, that are needed for using SRM-MDM:

- J2EE deployment (SRM-MDM UI, MDM JAVA API, etc.)
- MDM core (MDM Server, Import Server, etc.)
- GUI part (MDM Console, Data Manager, Import Manager, etc.)

Please also refer to following SAP notes:

1177779 SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 - Installation & Configuration

1177780 SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 Configuration

1376770 CCM to SRM MDM Catalog data migration

1476694 Change in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 components in SMP (download guide in the attachment)

Similar configuration notes exists for SRM-MDM Catalog 7.01, 7.02 too.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Timea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

you can still use CCM catalog in SRM 7.0 with some restrictions, but it is only supported by SAP as a separate application (I mean only issues with the catalog itself are supported, and not the issues referring to the connection between SRM and CCM).

Please check SAP note 1311274 for details.

You can still use transaction MECCM for data upload from ECC, or replicate data from ECC to SRM first, and then upload to the catalog from SRM.

Anyway, it's highly recommended to use SRM-MDM Catalog instead of CCM.

Regards,

Timea