cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to find total no.of. records in JDBC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a ECC - PI - JDBC Scenario. I need to calculate the no of records that ECC is sending.

So i added a field "count" in target structure and used "counter" function to count the number of records.

But when i executed this scenario it is not updating the staging table...and throwing the error saying

"field count is not in the table" ...can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

query is bit unclear, you need to count for your log only or database team need it ??

if you need it for your record only , dont' map it with target..

and if DB team need it - as said in other reply you can have one field in table ...

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark already mentioned you need count field in data base table, but i wondering how it is going to help, even data abse team can count the number of records.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

It just means that the count field is not in your JDBC Table. You need to ask your database developer to add this field.

Also, instead of counter, you can use the statistic function called index e.g

source field -> index:1..1 -> removeContext -> sort:descending -> collapseContext -> targetField

Just make sure that in the index properties, you set it as do not reset per context change.

Hope this helps,

Mark