Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Insert only valid records in DB using JDBC Receiver adapter

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

How to insert only the valid records in to DB using JDBC receiver adapter.

we are doing a transaction which contains 10 records ,that should be inserted in DB using JDBC receiver adapter.

Ex: 10 records sent at a single transaction, in which 1 record has invalid value, so records are not inserted in to DB.

Is there any option in PI to eliminate the 1 failed record and process remaining 9 records to insert in to DB.

Regards,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Is there any option in PI to eliminate the 1 failed record and process remaining 9 records to insert in to DB.

If all goes in one transaction then the answer is NO.

Use validation in mapping or schema validation in the pipeline steps either at adapter engine or integration engine before processing. I would also recommend stored procedure in your case since message volume is going to be on the higher side.

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks raja & baskar. i will try and let you know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3190726

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1)First consider writing a validation at ECC level, if you are dealing with IDocs then i dont see you issues with data like(length),if you think more validation required then better to check with ECC team handle it.

2)As a PI consulatant even you can write mapping logic to perform validtaion and even you can supress those records at PI level.

3)Use stored procedure at data base level and ask DB team to write validation logic , before inserting data in to table they have to write a logic in stored procedure, this is very common practice writing validtaions in stored procedure.

What exactly your validation logic?how you idetify good record or bad record.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

you can build 10 statements in mapping time - instead of 1 statement with 10 records. Of course the performance will be worth, but if you do not have like 1000 records by minute: it does not matter.

Regards,

Udo

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi udo,

Thanks for your information,

we do 10,000 records per transaction 😞

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

and how often do you execute a transaction?

Regards,

Udo

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

job scheduled from ecc for every 30 mins, number of records depends on the data available in ecc in 30 min time stamp.record count will be more than 4,000 per transaction average.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

then you have to consider a stored procedure.

If you can identify the not valid records in mapping time (without a lookup), you can exclude them there. But i guess, you cannot.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below options

1) use stored procedure at receiver DB side

2)use udf and play with payload