cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7, window mobile enrollment failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I'm trying to enrollment a window mobile from the Afaria 7 but I face an error like the following:

"The connection to the server failed. the session did not complete"

Step I had done is like the following:

1. Create WM Enrollment policy

Summary

- add enrollment code with TinyURL

- installation kit = Unsigned with seed data

General

- Address with public IP

- Allow user to edit configuration

Group

- WM group

Advance

- Device Reboot = Optional

2. Save the enrollment policy and download the CAB file.

3. Paste the CAB file to the window mobile device via ActiveSync

4. Install the CAB file and enter the enrollment code to connect back to the server.

5. Restart the WM device and click connect on the Afaria Client.

May I know whether there is any step missing? This will be great if somebody can share the window mobile provision step with me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Choong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please, could anybody help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Choong,

Just want to check with you, for iOS connection, are u using SSL.

then SSL for WM should not be a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doan,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using SSL which mentioned on the Knowledgebase Article ID 7699, following is the link which guided to create the SSL using microsoft CA.

http://www.sslshopper.com/article-installing-an-ssl-certificate-in-windows-server-2008-iis-7.0.html

Will it working for WM as well? Besides that, since the administrator manual didn't specify what we should fill in the WM Enrollment policy, if we need to specify the SSL in the WM enrollment policy, how should we fill in? Appreciate if you can provide some sample.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choong,

Do you find any documentation about this? I'm facing the same issue...

Regards,

MC

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try this

when you click on connect on the windows mobile there is a pin button on the left hand side

click on unpin while you are trying to connect the enrollment should succedd

hope this helps

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Well the thing is i dont know what certificate do I have to put on enrollment policy. I have a Relay Server with SSL. I have set the server address on the enrollment policy with my relay server address (with SSL). Do I have to put on the policy (certificate section) the relay's certificate? The SSL is only for the relay, the afaria server has no certificate....

Best Regards,

MC

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error that you see on the device. SSL should not be the problem. Check the internet is working on the device. Also try to access the relay server from the device's browser. https://relayserveraddress/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll.

Also check if all the outbound enablers on the Afaria server are working.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is: The connection to the server is failed. The sesión did not complete. The internet is working on the device, I can se the relay status page from it... but it still is not connecting. Although if I try to connect direct to afaria without the relay, the device is registered but I need to use relay . Now i see something a bit weird because if I test the afaria rsoe status through the relay page says it's unavailable. I have set this rsoe start with afaria server so i'm guessing is running. What might be wrong ??? please help

Best regards,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

isn't this the same case as you have in ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well a little bit... but is not the same because i think he does not has a RS configured... and I have a public certificate not self-signed as he has written on the thread... but the error shown on the device is the same.. At the begining I thought this problem might be for the certificate but now I'm not quite sure...

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has being stuck on this point for 4 days, appreciate if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hy,

I haven't configure it becouse i use the public ssl cert.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy choong,

Please make sure that the Time and the Date on the Device is the same as on the server.

Hmm i have a public ssl certificate, so i don't know exactly what you have to enter there...
But maybe you install the certificate first on the device, and/or try to open the ssl Site manualy. What happen's?

If you would choose to use a public ssl certificate think that not every certificate will work on every Device. I have a global sign ssl cert. that works with all OS's.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Can you give me an example for how you configure the ssl certificate on the window mobile enrollment policy?

Best Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

hy, i had the same Problem,

Do you connect over ssl? do you have a public ssl Cert?(Attention, not every public Certificate will work) if not, you have to install the Certificate first on the device

If you have checked this points, check the date and the time on the device (That was my mistake)

hope i could help you?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

My afaria server did connect over the ssl but that is not public ssl cert. The afaria server success enroll to ios device but failed in Window Mobile. May I know whether Window Mobile must use the public ssl cert for the enrollment?

besides, can you describe more on the device date and time?

Best Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Based on your reply, may I know whether we are require to fill in the ssl certificate details on the following screenshot? Possible you can give an example how to fill in the path and file name?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Choong