Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping user and home folder

former_member200339
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In PI 7.0 - in graphical mapping, i am writing a UDF and java class to write a file in PI file server. In the code for writing the file i have not mentioned any path.

My understanding is - the file will be written in the home folder of PIISUSER as PIISUSER is the user that XI uses to access mapping runtime. Is my understanding clear...if not please clarify

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

To be sure please use absolute path instead of only specifying the filename.

Thus if you specify filename as /usr/filename.txt(absolute path) you are sure where to look for the file.

In general if you do not specify absolute filename the file gets created in the same folder where the java code runs. During runtime PI might choose a temporary directory to run the codes which might be deleted after run time, thus you might end up not finding the file at all. I am not sure of the directory used by PI. Thus would suggest to go with absolute path instead of just the file name.

Regards

Anupam

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

The solution you are trying to use is not the regular way of handling things. You should definitley rethink your solution approach.

I think the user PIISUSER will not exist in OS. as suggested by Inaki, it may be SID]ADM.

My understanding is - the file will be written in the home folder of PIISUSER as PIISUSER is the user that XI uses to access mapping runtime. Is my understanding clear...if not please clarify

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rana,

I think the user that works with the operating system is the user [SID]ADM.

As Uso said you should try to use a standard solution, if you explain your scenario we could give you some ideas.

Regards.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your development intention is very doubtful. You can write files to any folder easily with PI standard NFS file adapter. You can put more comlex business logic by BPM.

Your solution is outside standard -> bad maintenance.

Regards,

Udo