cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Autometic Overhead Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

First thrade, apologies for any " out of rule" behaviour in the question!

have a user who runs autometic overhead calculation by CJ46 and to ensure that the planned amount matches the Budget however it is not working?

would you please porint me to what could be the possible reasons?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actual data is checked against budget not planned data. After running CJ46, the user can check reports like S_ALR_87013542 to ensure overhead is within limit. If its not, user can make changes in cost sheet and re-run CJ46.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant

Thanks for the quick update,

I have had a look at that report, actually the overhead which is required to be updated does not appear in that report at all!

Could that be a problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked for a test project in IDES and can see plan overheards in that report. Please make sure you are entering correct version and years in selection screen. Also in CJ20N click on activity and press CRTL+F11, check if you can see planned overheads here. If you dont see, planned overheads are not being calculated.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks for your valuable input.

I have checked this and out of 3 activities only 1 activity appears to have planned values being calculated.

how do we go fixing the rest of the 2 which are not being calculated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, run any standard report to check if you can see any plan values there for the 2 activities you are talking about e.g.S_ALR_87013531. Alternatively you can run GR55, select report group as 6P01 and run the report for the concerned project. Here too you can check if you see any planned values/overhead values.

Secondly, check if costing sheet is assigned to the project objects. If it is assigned check how the costing sheet has been set up. These are some of the basic things you need to check first. Check these and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks heaps for your reply. have had a look in GR55 & S_ALR_87013531, overheads I am looking for does not exist in those report.

How do we check if costing sheet is assigned to the project objects, sorry this may sound like a fresher, as I havent worked on PS before,

thanks for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Project Builder (CJ20N), select the Project definition level on left hand side, then on the right hand side click on WBS element which will opens all the WBS elements in grid format.

In a smilar way select Network header and activities - on the grid structure of Network activities you will see the Costing sheet. If missing, add manully and follow the steps already explained bySrikant and Gokul.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have had a look at this and yes Costing sheets are applied to the activities.

one more thing i should include is user is creating the planned revenues by Sales orders, not by CJ43 or CJ42.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that you know that the costing sheet is assigned in the activity please look at how the costing sheet is set up.

That should give you some clue about why the overheads are not being calculated.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokulbhai,

I found out why the project revenue was not populating, and have fixed the billing plans so they are being updated properly now. However this has created another problem as Project costs are not being updated. I believe Project cost should be the same as the budget in the planning board.

Would you please guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where are you checking the project costs? I mean which report are you referring to? Secondly, have you planned any costs in the project by way of using internal activities and work center, material costs, general costs etc?

Have you planned any costs using any other method of cost planning e.g. using tcode CJ40 etc?

Its not necessary that the planned cost should be same as the budget. It can be but not mandatory. Secondly, just doing budgeting will not update planned costs. The cycle is, you plan costs first (bottom up approach), then do budgeting and finally distribute the budget (top down).

Hope this helps. If not, please refer SAP Help and understand basic concept of cost planning in PS.

Regards,

Gokul

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Gokul. You should have done cost planning, only then your planned cost values will appear in your reports.

And ensure that, you have configured your Value categories correctly. Otherwise you may come across mismatch in values.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Great help, thanks for your reply, I have gone in CJ40 and found that user has not planned any costs there.

Apperantly there is a program which runs overnight to update the planned costs, which doesnt seem to be working for this particular project only, also user has not ticked "Planning element" in the WBS which could be one of the reason why the program did not allocate the costs in CJ40.

I have manually updated this, thanks heaps for your help.

Thanks

Answers (0)