cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal Year Variant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to assign a fiscal year variant to the DP storage bucket profile. Can I do it without de-initializing the planning area? How will the live data get adjusted once the fiscal year variant is assigned to SBF and PBF?

Kindly help,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

There is an indirect way to modify the storage or time period bucket profiles (or time stream id) using table maintenance. You can add FV to selected time stream id by updating table /SAPAPO/SDPTSTR. Then run consistency check reports for the DP time series - t.code /sapapo/tscons and /sapapo/om17 (last option).

However, it is recommended to use this technique cautiously as SAP doesn't support it.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply. Since I need to update the production enviroment, can you advise me any other safer method?

I want to use fiscal year variant for DP to SNP release process, so that the monthly forecast is released properly for overlapping periods into correct technical periods. What are the steps do I need to follow to assign the fiscal year variant into DP planning area? like backup, deinitialize etc, how about the infocube for history and back up cube update for FI variant?

Thanks,

Pete

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

You can use the indirect way in DEV or QA environment. Upon satisfactory results, you can repeat it in production.

Conventional Method:

1. Sales history InfoCube remains same

2. DP backup InfoCube can't be reused due to FV, you need to create another.

3. Backup of the DP planning area using existing DP backup InfoCube (old)

4. Populate the new InfoCube with the backup data from old InfoCube (some transformation is required).

5. De-initialize the DP planning area, update storage bucket profile, populate the time stream id, and create time series objects. Update datasource and execute consistency checks.

6. Populate the DP planning area with the data from new InfoCube (/sapapo/tscube)

7. Check the logs for any errors and correct them

With the table maintenance method:

1. Sales history InfoCube remains same

2. DP backup InfoCube can't be reused due to FV, you need to create another.

3. Backup of the DP planning area using existing DP backup InfoCube (old)

4. Populate the new InfoCube with the backup data from old InfoCube (some transformation is required).

5. Update /SAPAPO/SDPTSTR table to adjust the time stream id with FV

6. Execute consistency checks on DP planning area (liveCache and database)

7. Check the logs for any errors and correct them.

8. Update the data source

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your detailed message. It really helps. To me the conventional method is much safer and better way to bring the change in the live system.

1)   1) As stated, the history cube will remain the same. So when we copy the data into LC from history cube in CALDAY, the data will be read from the cube and written to the planning area in FY periods.  Right? I am little confused here – since the planning area will have periods with fiscal year variant. The periods of planning area will not be the same as the periods of the history cube.

2)   2) Next I have to create a new backup cube with FISCPER. Can I use conversion routine PERI7 or PER16? I am not sure about the transformation rules you are referring to. Can you elaborate please.

Thanks,

Pete

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

1. Sorry, I did not touch upon the history cube.

To upload data from cube to planning area, both must share same periodicity (to be precisely at least one time characteristic). It requires you need to transform your history cube too to include FISCPER and FISCVARNT time characteristics. This allows you to upload the history from InfoCube to Planning Area using t.code /SAPAPO/TSCUBE

2. At our end, we used PERI7 conversion routine.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the quick response. In the test system, I was able to update the storage bucket profile in DP with FY variant with month and weeks. No time stream  id has been assigned to SBP. The data is now stored in fiscal weeks in DP.

But I am getting wrong results when I released forecast from DP to SNP using MC90. The split profile is defined with posting periods as 'starting periodicity' to days as 'target periodicity' , with  FY variant assigned.   The split indicator is 1. Sunday is non-working day. I want to split the total weekly quantity into 50-50 on Tuesday and Thursday for the first month. But I am getting wrong splits over 6 working days -  22.222, 11.111, 22.222, 11.111, 22.222, 11.111. I am getting the same results in the period split simulation. The time bucket profile in MC90 has same periodicity as the split profile.

I am clueless. Kindly help.

Thanks,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to get the correct results after adjusting the distribution function.

Thanks,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As per the current process, there are three cubes – for history, open cust order and promo. We get daily files from external systems, the files have 0CALDAY details. The files are loaded into planning area in weekly buckets.

As you suggested, I need to update the transformation rule to include  FISCPER and FISCVARNT time characteristics. Do I have to update all the three  cubes? How about the source to cube update rules?

Can you please guide me through the steps for changes needed both for inbound and backup cubes? 

Thanks,

Pete

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

All the infocubes that are used to update a planning area using t.code /sapapo/tscube must consist of FISCPER and FISCVARNT.

You may use the following function module as a routines in the transformation rules to convert calendar date to a period.

FUNCTION DATE_TO_PERIOD_CONVERT.

*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Lokale Schnittstelle:
*"       IMPORTING
*"             VALUE(I_DATE) LIKE  SY-DATUM
*"             VALUE(I_MONMIT) LIKE  GJVAR-MONMIT DEFAULT 00
*"             VALUE(I_PERIV) LIKE  T009B-PERIV
*"       EXPORTING
*"             VALUE(E_BUPER) LIKE  T009B-POPER
*"             VALUE(E_GJAHR) LIKE  T009B-BDATJ
*"       EXCEPTIONS
*"              INPUT_FALSE