cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install NW 7.02 Java Engine on a ERP 6.05 ABAP System?

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Currently there is a ERP 6 EHP5 Based on NW 7.02 which is only ABAP. Due customer is requiring to use Adobe Document Services, a JAVA system was requested.

Is it possible to install Java System with the same ID as ABAP System, and convert this ABAP-Only system into a Double Stack System?

Reminder this is 7.0 system and not 7.3 where JAVA and ABAP are no longer in Double Stack.

When using SAPINST and selecting an JAVA Central System Option, and then choosing the same SID (DES) as ABAP system its showing

SAP system DES exists and is not suitable for this installation option. DIAGNOSIS:Valid instance types for this installation option are SCS,ERS,J2EEDI,J2EECI, but instance DVEBMGS00 has a different type. SOLUTION: Choose a different SAP system ID or uninstall the existing system.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Martin

When you install a Java System with an already installed ABAP System, this type of configuration is called Java Add-In installation. Java SID remains same as that of ABAP SID. This is very well possible and fully supported.

Thanks

Tapan

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tapan.

Indeed, as you mention, this type of Installation is possible, but so far I couldnt find the Add In Installation option in the SAPINST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Java add-in installation was possible up until SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3 release. Post Netweaver 7.0 SR3 Java Add-in is not supported. SAP recommends dual stack installation only for PI and Solution Manager systems. All other new installation are to be single stack (either ABAP or Java).

Check SAP Note 855534 for details regarding this.

I would recommend you to install a stand alone Java system and then configure ADS and connect with the existing ABAP backend.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your inputs!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

In my landscape, we use Adobe document services from a different java based application server. SAP's master guide for NW 7.0 also states that except for PI and MI, you should not go for a dual stack system.

As per the screenshot you provided, the addin option is not there. So i will suggest installation of fresh java stack system and then ADS on it for better performance and scalability.

The bad part is - SID will not be same .

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to select Software Life-Circle Options->Java Add-in for ABAP to add Java stack to existing ABAP if it exists for ERP6 EHP5.

Regards

Roman

former_member229542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Roman. Thanks for your time.

I tried to look into SAPINST options and I couldnt find a Java Add-In Installation.

Im aware this can be accomplished, but so far I couldnt find the proper option.

Im using both NW 7.02 and ERP 6.05 Installation Master DVDs and on neither I could see the Java Add In Option

Any idea if i should download another DVD?

Sh