cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Rules (SAP standard rules delivered with GRC PC 3.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues,

One of SAP customers asking whether legacy rules shall be used in new GRC 10 projects?

And whether SAP will provide comprehensive support for these legacy rules (in a GRC PC 10 environment)?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The legacy PC 3.0 rules are still available in GRC 10, but they are there primarily for customers upgrading from PC 3.0 to 10.  For a new implementation of PC 10, it is advisable to use the new rules engine, as it is much more flexible and user friendly.  If a customer implements the PC 3.0 legacy rules in a new implementation, they are using the old rules engine.  If they subsequently create some new rules in the new engine, they cannot combine the reporting for the two, among other issues.  A small number of PC 3.0 rules were converted to the PC 10 rules and have been available in recent service packs.  For other rules in PC 3.0, it is suggested that the customer use the delivered rules in PC 3.0 as a template for recreating the rule in PC 10.  As long as you know the tables and fields involved in the rule, as well as the logic, the rule can easily be recreated in PC 10.  The legacy rules will be supported, as is.  The customer is responsible for any ABAP code that has to be written to modify those rules. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

What I understood from your answer is that PC 10 will be having rule set from PC 3,0 but should be only used in upgrade (PC3.0 - PC10) and in case of PC 10 fresh implementation customers have to create their rule which are simple to create and PC 3,0 rules cab used as a reference.

Does it mean SAP PC 10 does not have pre delivered ruleset like PC 3.0 which can be directly used and can be modified it required.

I have got a client who want to do a PoC of PC 10 and just want us to enable standard ruleset but I think that's not possible any more..

Can you or any one else in the forum can confirm?

Kind Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one there in forum who can help in clarifying this query ?

Answers (0)