cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a parameter for Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to add a parameter called vc.bi.sqleditorenabled for Visual Composer

i read that use this parameter in visual Administrator.

Pls tell me how can i do it

Message was edited by:

Balaji Rajendran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji

SQL and MDX Editor functionality is available in Visual Composer in the following ways:

● On the BI → SQL Editor and BI → MDX Editor menus.

● In the workspace, from the context menu of a relational or OLAP query from a data

service defined using one of the BI Java Connectors mentioned above.

● In the MDX Statement and SQL Statement fields on the input ports of corresponding

data services, which allow you to send query statements to the databases.

For security purposes, the SQL and MDX Editor functionality is turned off by default in Visual

Composer. Therefore, if you try to access it, the following message is displayed: You are not

authorized to use this functionality.

To enable SQL and MDX Editor functionality, use the following parameters in the Visual

Administrator:

● vc.bi.sqlEditorEnabled - SQL Editor and SQL Statement from input port are visible

● vc.bi.mdxEditorEnabled - MDX Editor and MDX Statement from input port are visible

Change document logging is not available with the SQL or MDX Editors; only

database logging (SQL Editor) or OLAP server logging (MDX Editor) is

available.

Warning:

Significant caution should be taken when using the SQL and MDX Editor

functionality, to avoid the potential for corrupting data and to prevent users from

viewing data that they are not authorized to see.

To prevent potential security risks, we urge the database administrator to restrict

user authorization on any data source defined on the portal using the BI JDBC

Connector, BI ODBO Connector, or BI XMLA Connector. We recommend that

you set the proper authorizations for your users on the database level, and that

you use dialog users (individual database user names) for user mapping on the

portal.

Note that if you enable this functionality and save models that expose SQL and

MDX statement fields on the input ports of data services, these fields, and hence

the potential security risks, will persist in the models even if you later disable this

functionality. In addition, the fields persist in models that you export and import

into a Visual Composer system in which the functionality is disabled. We therefore

recommend you carefully consider security risks before enabling this functionality.

Cheers,

Shaym

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Refer to the notes 938746 This will tell you the Security risks involved in enabling SQL editor in Visual Composer and how to enable it.

Regards,

Phani

Award points if helpful