cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether the sequence of fields is important in the Value of parameter - RecordSet Structure? (In Receiver file channel)

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to know if the sequence of the fields is important in the Value of parameter - RecordSet Structure?  (In Receiver file channel)

Thank you.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am almost sure that the sequence doesn't matter here. But it's best if you just try it out to confirm it . Let us know what is the final outcome, maybe it will be useful for someone in SCN in the future.

Regards,

Greg

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes the sequence of fields against their values is important.

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

But I am getting the desired output without the correct sequence.....

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

This might have worked for some specific payload. If you run this scenario in production where different payloads are expected there parameter value might be incorrect. You can check this link as example of variable substitution

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XI+Date+Stamp+in+File+Name

Regards

Anupam

r_s_kulkarni11
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

The link you have given is of the Variable substitution.

I am actually having the question about the record set structure in the receiver CC.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

No restrictions about the sequence in the SAP help documentation:

If you want to convert all substructures using the same parameters, you only have to specify one structure. The specifications are automatically applied to all substructures.

If you specify more than one structure, the list must contain all the structures occurring in the document. The list must be complete, otherwise a processing error will be triggered at runtime.

The best way to know the answer is to test it, and you said that you havent got any problem.

Regards.

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Apologies I did not read your question properly. Please ignore my earlier post.

Regards

Anupam