cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Printing Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I’m using asp.net with crystal report I have set Print Mode=”ActiveX” and my CR version 10.5.3700.0

I have deployed my web app in hosting server. Now my web app is using internet Explorer 7 or above using three operating system Windows XP 2 and Xp3 and Win 7.

Now when user click print the dialogue comes and disappear why... What’s the problem …?

What to do to print report in client side.

This is my wbe.config

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="printControl" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, Custom=null" />

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<printControl>

<add key="url" value="http://Mydomainname.com/CR/PrintControl.cab" />

</printControl>

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio discussion space.

Enter the search term 'activex print crystal' into the search box at the top right of this web page. You'll get a number of hits that should help. If not, let me know the suggestions you tried that came up in the search.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

former_member364076
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, i have a similar problem.

i have a webpage including a crviewer with PrintMode="ActiveX", with library Version=13.0.2000.0

on a IIS 6 (WS 2003).

Problems are on printing and exporting only on some PCs and only using IE. On my pc (Win7 64) it's all working fine on IE9, FF15, CHR22. Another pc (Win7 32) works fine with FF15 but failed with IE8.

Errors are:

- When users click on print icon “An communication error occurred. Printing will be stopped” is displayed

- when users click on export icon > pdf > it's not possible to download file.aspx from (host)

Please could you help me?

i've already followed other discussions like http://scn.sap.com/thread/1612988 without success, in my case users setting for flag "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" is already unchecked.

ps: in my web config ther is no printcontrol declaration, it has always worked before ssl

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuele,

The error your facing is very generic and could be caused by many different factors.

Most of these have been discussed before. See below Search.

http://search.sap.com/ui/scn#query=An+communication+error+occurred.+Printing+will+be+&startindex=1&f...)

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

former_member364076
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

i've tried to disable compression like suggested in http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001206069&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6F64...

whithout success and then see at http://search.sap.com/notes?id=0001624978&boj=/sap/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do?access=69765F6D6F64...

but in iis 6 isn't there 'Managed Pipeline Mode' setting.

Why you sayd 'it's generic error'? It happens only on some PCs and only with IE after i've enabled SSL.

former_member364076
Participant
0 Kudos

no, it's a tried test..i said in the first post that

in my case users setting for flag "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" is already unchecked

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Emanuele,

Could you please post this query in a new thread, i think we are mixing two issues here.

Do refer to this post in your query.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the PrintControl tag.

Check your mahcine and edit the location for PrintControl.cab file.

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have register activexviewer using system32 also still the popups come and disapper

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Have you set the path for the PrintControl in the web.config PrintControl tag?

This tells the app where to look for the ActiveX PrintControl in the CRviewer folder.

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is My webconfig

=

This is my wbe.config

<sectionGroup name="businessObjects">

<sectionGroup name="crystalReports">

<section name="printControl" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, Custom=null" />

</sectionGroup>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<businessObjects>

<crystalReports>

<printControl>

<add key="url" value="http://Mydomainname.com/CR/PrintControl.cab" />

</printControl>

</crystalReports>

</businessObjects>

If i extract PrintControl.cab there are PrintControl.dll,unicows.dll,usp10.dll,DependencyInstaller..

On clicking print button in CR toolbar the dialogue comes and disapper thats it nothing comes

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run Process Monitor, and Fiddler and gather the log for the app.

See why the application is not able to access the PrintControl.

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When im clicking the button it shows one dailogue

Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer

Program: Crystal Report Print Control

Verifed Publisher: business Objects America

File oigion : Download from Internet

Program Location: same where i place my printcontrol.cab

On clicking yes its not showing print dailogue .. just nothing comes again on clicking print button it shows same nothing showing.. why

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see my last post. Run those diagnostic tools, check the logs why the app is not able to find the PrintControl.

Also, see if the browser is enabled to allow Crystal ActiveX controls.

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos
#ResultProtocolHostURLBodyCachingContent-TypeProcessCommentsCustom
2200HTTPmydomaino.com/newpelleims/PPRpt.aspx27,826private  text/html; charset=utf-8iexplore:4528

3404HTTPmydomain.com/aspnet_client/System_Web/2_0_50727/CrystalReportWebFormViewer3/css/default.css1,245
text/htmliexplore:4528

4304HTTPmydomain.com/aspnet_client/System_Web/2_0_50727/CrystalReportWebFormViewer4/html/crystalprinthost.html0

iexplore:4528

5304HTTPmydomain.com/aspnet_client/System_Web/2_0_50727/CrystalReportWebFormViewer4/js/print.js0

6304HTTPmydomain.com/CR/PrintControl.cab0

now printcontrol coming but when im clicking yes its downloaded also but print dailogue not showing why

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is something to consider:

/aspnet_client/System_Web/2_0_50727/CrystalReportWebFormViewer3/css/default.css

/aspnet_client/System_Web/2_0_50727/CrystalReportWebFormViewer4/html/crystalprinthost.html

/aspnet_client/System_Web/2_0_50727/CrystalReportWebFormViewer4/js/print.js

CrystalReportWebFormViewer4 refers to the viewer in Crystal Reports version 10.5 (bundled with .NET 2008).

CrystalReportWebFormViewer3 refers to  to the viewer in Crystal Reports version 10.2 (bundled with .NET 2005).

So, the question then becomes; why is your app looking for info from two different products?

My recommendation would be to go back to your development computer and do the following:

1) search you whole project to CR references. Make sure only version you see referenced anywhere is 10.5
2) delete the exisitng viewer off the form it is on
3) save your project
4) re-add the viewer from the toolbox, ensuring it is created using the 10.5 version of the assembly CrystalDecisions.Web
5) recompile, save

On the deployed computer:
1) uninstall your app
2) rename the CrystalReportWebFormViewer3 to CrystalReportWebFormViewerXX
3) reinstall your app

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter