cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defining printer for printing document scenarios that are not triggered from POD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am looking for a way to configure printers for printing document via ADS for the following scenarios:

1.) printing activity hooked to POST_START of an operation BUT SFC will be started at operation via webservice not via POD

2.) printing activity hooked to POST_CONTAINER_CLOSE at site level. Container will be closed via activity PK020 from activity manager not via POD

We will have several printers, so just assigning one printer in PRINTER_NAME rule of ADS document print activity does not help.

Is there any other way to define which printers are to be used?

Best regards

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike,

Please check this Guide:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/191529721/SAP+ME+How-To-Guide+-+Printing.pdf?versi...

it may describe more scenarios.

Regards,

Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanks. I already checked this document. However it only describes how to configure printers if activities are triggered via POD (e.g. start SFC at operation via POD, printing activity hooked to POST_START). The other option described there is the one with the activity rule PRINTER_NAME which is not sufficient once more than one printer is used - as far as I understand how it works.

Did I miss something in this documemt that covers the two scenarios described above?

Thanks

Ulrike

0 Kudos

Ulrike,

Please consider creating duplicates of each document for a separate printer and assigning copies of  SY521 activities with a specific document in argument field at the same hook point.

Regards,

Sergiy