Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLMM inconsistency check in matrix mode

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When using matrix mode in CLMM to assign values to objects, inconsistencies are not blocked.

Example :

• Equipment 100000
  • Characteristic A
  • Characteristic B
  • Class C with charact. A and B
  • Variant table T that contains allowed combination values charact. A and B
  • Dependency (precondition) on characteristic B that uses variant table T

In IE02 after maintaining charact. A I cannot select a value for charact. B that is not stored in variant table T (correct behaviour !).

In CLMM (matrix mode), I can do it and no message is prompted. If I go back in IE02 I can see that the classification status of the equipment is '3' and the button "Inconsistent" is active.

Could you tell me how I can prevent such inconsistencies to be allowed in CLMM ?

At least I want the system to alert the users.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philippe Tsalos,

As per my knowledge , CLMM is used for mass changes of characterstic assigned to a target objet, and its being assumed that there will be more then one object so display of inconsistencies are not coded in the transaction and thats why after execution if you see the object independently, you can find inconsistencies.

specialy when we are settings default values on classification view.

so option could be use CLMM followed by CL20N and CL24N, by choosing Inconsistencies.

In CL24N, you can also start a collective release.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Thank you for your answer. I also see in SAP Help that they suggest to use CL20N or 24N to treat inconsistencies.

But I don't see an Inconsistencies icon in CLMM.

What I don't understand is that dependency of type Action or Procedure are taken into account in CLMM. And Preconditions are not...

For instance :

I have a variant table that gives combination of values between 2 charact. X and Y.

In CLMM, as soon as I maintain a value in charact. X, charact Y is valuated automatically.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philippe Tsalos,

I havent given it a try in system , for time being please check customer enhancement CLCTMS03 to activate processing of object dependencies when finding objects for mass processing.

Also please give a try to a direct precondition without using Variant Table.

I will try to hands on it and will update you , if find any thing relevant.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Direct precondition (without variant table) behaves the same way. Inconsistency is not checked in CLMM and is saved in database.

Could you explain me how to use CLCTMS03 ? I couldn't find any documentation on this exit.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Philippe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

As Ritesh said:

Display of inconsistencies.
If inconsistencies occur during matrix processing, the status is automatically set to Incomplete. You can display the errors in the classification transactions CL20N and CL24N, by choosing Inconsistencies. In CL24N, you can also start a collective release.

=> http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/24/476ed7416711d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm