cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Group Text in Form GUIBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a form GUIBB in that i have multiple group.

Based on the conditions i want to changed their text. Is it possible to change the group text? If so how?

Regards,

Ajeet Pratap Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In the case that you are talking about the possibility to change the group text dynamically at runtime via a kind of an API, no, this is currently not possible. What you can do as of release NW 7.31 is to use the so-called context-based adpatations in order to replace the complete form with another form dynamically at runtime, depending on an application-specific runtime context. The new form may of course contain different group texts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

If i want to change my group text with 3-4 different words then do i have to create 3-4 forms?

Don't you think it expensive issue?

Because that many configurations i have to create.

Regards,

Ajeet

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeet,

if the group text is dependent on the runtime context there is currently no other way than to create multiple form configurations. But since these form configurations are so-called context-based adaptations (CBAs) they inherit from their base configuration which means that you just have to maintain the delta changes in your derived configuration. This is a pretty easy task and can be done quickly. Of course, you need a basic knowledge about how to work with CBAs. If you need more information about CBAs please have a look at this:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-33072

Best regards,

Jens