cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is using GRC AC for provisioning in development and test systems worthwhile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our environment the Business as Usual systems are all provisioned via GRC AC (we are now on 10.0). The project systems however are manually provisioned. I'm interested in feedback on the practical experience of using GRC AC to manage provisioning for project systems which get commissioned  and then decommissioned or re purposed within a few months. I have a feeling that in some ways it's more trouble than it is worth. Can anyone share the pro's and cons?

This is a pretty basic question so please excuse me if I missed finding the answer in my search on the topic.

Cheers,

Carl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Carl:

Why would you not utilize your provisioning tool to provision to as many systems as it is possible to do, no matter whether PRD or NON-PRD?  This is less confusing for End Users and if you are using AC10.0, it is much easier to do this than what we had in AC5.3.  Standardization and Efficiency should be top of the list when you implement Access Control, which is why you utilize a tool such as this.

Thanks,

Kevin Tucholke

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carl,

To me it looks like this centralizes the approval process. Though it is limited for some time, it may help you manage things in more better way within that time period.

Therefore, I am in favor of having it implemented in all the systems in the landscape.

Regards,

Faisal