cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of Inspection Plan (Material) level MIC's and their respective long text fields in tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to track the Inspection Plan (Material) level MIC's and their respective long text fields in tables. As per my understanding long text are not directly stored in the tables but in some code format. My requirement is I have to give dump of 1 plant data i.e., Material, Inspection Plan Group, Group Counter, MIC's and their long text field (In Inspection plan). I tried it using STXH table taking TDNAME field data and passing the same in Functional module READ_TEXT (se37) but didn't get the desired output as I'm unable to track that material wise. Is it possible to track this data using SQVI query or any other way?

Thanks,

NW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NW

Please see if the following suits your requirement.

step 1 - Using transaction SE11 (any QM specific table) take a dump of the materials of which you intend to get Inspection Plan Group, Group Counter, MIC's and their long text field (In Inspection plan).

Step 2 - Copy paste these materials from the Excel dump you took in Step 1 into transaction QP05, select or check the options of what all you want as long text to be printed in the options below on the screen and then execute.

I guess this is what you are looking for.

Regards

Sanjay

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to develop a custom report by reading long text using FM- READ_TEXT.

Use parameters as Text ID- QM, Text Object- QSS & Text Name (as in Header tab). You can get these from Long Text window after clicking on Long Text bar and then Goto --> Header.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing the same but not able to get the data material wise. Is there any other alternative way to get it material wise.

Thanks,

NW

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you mean by material wise... coz as per requirement, you must had develop a custom program in which you need to first mention Material Number only and based on which Inspection Plan and later as per MIC's assigned to different operations in it. So it would be material-wise only with one or more MIC's & relevant long texts.

Regards,

Anup

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naked Writer

Why you require it mateial wise???

MICs are master data and it is not directly related to material.

One MIc may be used in more than one plan and that plan may be assingned to more than one mateial.

First findout Long text  and then find Plan in which Mic are used and then find mateial code assigned to that plan(table MAPL)

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We wanted it material wise bcoz MIC's long text was maintained in only inspection plan and they differ from one inspection plan to the other even tough MIC's are same.

Regards,

NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We wanted it material wise bcoz MIC's long text is maintained in only inspection plan and they differ from from inspection plan to the other even tough MIC's are same.

Regards,

NW

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are approaching the problem from the wrong direction. The main question is: why do you need to track changes to MIC in your inspection plans? Are you not trusting the persons who maintain them? Do too many users have change access to your inspection plans? What is your master data concept here?

Then you might also consider using reference inspection characteristics, thus making it impossible to change them in the inspection plan and also keeping them consistent among your plans.

Regards

MH

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, you have to go for a Z-report where in you can fetch the long text with the help of FM (READ_TEXT).

Regards,

Sumit