cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Validation in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How to disable and enable the validations in MDM Data Manager. Is there any possibility to disable a Validation gropu so that all the validations which comes under that group will be disabled. Please help!

Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to restrict the users from editing the validations in data manager you can achieve it by giving readonly access to the User in the Roles->Tables and Fields->Expressions.

If you want to restrict the users from running the validations and validation group, then I do not think that it is possible to do so.

what harm can it do if a user runs a validation to check the data integrity. can you provide the reason for the requirement?

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi N,

I don't think you can disable Validation group. If you do not want to use it, then simply don't call it either in workflow or your Portal application.

And regarding individual validations, you can restrict automatic execution for them as suggested by Rohini. You can always run validations manually and use these validations to be triggered from Portal end as per your need.

And for triggering validation automatically, you can set Automatic Execution to "Warning' or "Error" as per your requirement. Please let me know if you have any more doubts regarding the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

Yes you can disable the Validation group.

Are you calling this validation group in workflow?

If yes then don't define this Validation group in Validation step of your workflow.

In Validation tab in Data Manager, set the' Automatic Execution' value to "None" for all the validations falling under this Group.

In this way, there will be no automatic execution of these Validations and you can run them manually only.

In case of any doubts, kindly revert back.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

The validations are not being called in workflow. They are addded in a group. What is the procedure for  disabling the Validation Gropu if they are not being called in Workflow?

The option of setting  Automatic execution value to none is available for individual Validations and not for a group. Hence if I want to disable them What have to be done?

Regards,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi N,

As said, even I don't think that you can disable validation group as a whole.

Regards,

Rohini Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamiz,

Validation Groups are basically to collectively call and use validations.

Editing of properties is not allowed at this level.

I understand that you wish to have something like a inherited property which once enabled at group level is set for inidividual validations too,but that is not available.

However you can always duplicate/modify/branch/design validations as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Ravi