cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy shows only two phases during export !

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are trying to perform a test migration (Heterogeneous:from IBM i to Windows platform) for one of our SAP system,now during the export process we can find only two phases listed in the "Execute Service" step. We followed all the prerequisites required for the same. In "Export Preparation" step all the phases are shown and the correct directory structure is generated but moving forward with selection "Database and Central instance export" we only get below two steps and directories are empty only:

- NW_Export

- Prepare to export JAVA

Found a thread which states the same but the solution described in that is not useful in our case however we gave it a try as well but result is the same.

Below is the description of our Source system environment :

DB:  DB4

SAP system : PI 7.0 Patch level 20

Kindly provide your suggestion.

Regards,

SUJIT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sujit,

Are you doing an export of sap system on Hight Availability ?

If you are running this you must start Sapinst with your cluster name:

.\sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=virtual hostname

help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/61997b34542a4de10000000a11466f/content.htm

Hope this helps you

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan,

Thanks for your reply ! Yes it is on High availability (iASP environment). I missed to describe in my post, we tried this already but no solution.

We have done migration (from IBM i to Windows environment) before this also for other SAP systems successfully but those were not on high availability.

Any idea if we need to do some extra preparation for iASP environment?

Regards

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Are you doing the export from the Central Instance?

Cheers

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Sargan, It is the central instance.

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Please refer to System Copy guide:

CALL PGM(QP2TERM) PARM('./sapinst' 'SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<virtual host name>')

CAUTION

■ Make sure that the installation directory is not mounted with NFS, or there might be

problems when the Java Virtual Machine is started.

■ Make sure that your current working directory is not an IM_<OS>_<DB> directory

belonging to another operating system.

For example, the following commands are incorrect and cause an error:

$ CD DIR ('/sapcd2/IM_HPUX_IA64')

$ CALL PGM(QP2TERM) PARM('/sapcd2/IM_HPUX_IA64/sapinst')

The following commands are correct:

$ CD DIR('/sapcd2/IM_OS400_PPC64')

$ CALL PGM(QP2TERM) PARM('./sapinst')

3. In the Welcome screen, choose  <SAP Product> Software Life-Cycle Options System Copy <Database>

Source System Export <System Variant> Based on <technical stack> .

If you don't have this options Sapinst try to export a Dialog instance. Please make sure that you select the right profile name.

Cheers

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan,

Thanks for all your replies,those were really helpful. The problem is sorted out and the solution was:

We invoked SAPinst through the command " sapinst SAPINST_USE_HOSTNAME=<HOSTNAME> ( unless we gave hostname in uppercase the situation was the same so seems i-series is very much case sensitive) from a windows pc having a user for TMKSVR with equivalent rights to QSECOFR,

Regards,

SUJIT

Answers (0)