cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Alerts Notification Emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to alter the system generated content of the alert emails.

We've configured the SRM 5.0 system to produce the desired contract notification alerts using BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK. The alerts contain our custom text plus the standard SAP text.

In the alert body, the system adds a section called 'Possible Subsequent Activities' which is then followed by a URL for the ITS plus BBP_CTR_EXT_WF/!?client=100&sap-client=100&language=EN&sap-language=EN&~DisconnectOnClose=1&CONTRACT_ID=

Has anyone been able to figure out how to either hide that section or blank out the URL?

Regards,

Jerry Martinek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry

BADI BBP_ALERTING method BBP_EVENTS_DET_FOLLOW_UP_URL can be used.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

I had already activated the enhancement BBP_ALERTING and method but it didn't help. However at this point I'm not sure whether I activated it correctly because it doesn't seem to display my hardcoded URL value.

Are you sure that the BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK calls that method?

Jerry

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry

Looking at your message, I understand that you already know this. But ..pl check again.

In SRM50, BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK works along with SRM alert management functionality for few alerts. You need to configure alert schema/events etc and assign alert schema to your contract transaction type. Worst case scenario, you may want to influence the URL from smartform BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION itself!

Pl check this link to see how the alerts work:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/42/c8aaddd9cc6bb3e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Check note 984184 also.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Thank you for the OSS note.

The main reason for my method not being called was that I hadn't correctly activated the enhancment spot. I guess it pays to read the documentation. The activation process for the enhancement spots is quite different from the standard BADIs.

The alerts are being produced as required and the email URL is no longer present. I did however create another problem in another area. The method BBP_EVENTS_ANALYZE is causing an error in the PO process because supposedly it's not implemented.

Does one have to implement all of the methods in the class?

Jerry

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry

Good to know that your problem got resolved.

I don't think you need to implement all methods.

Pl check again

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I am trying to implement contract alerts in SRM 5.0 and want to include additional parameters in the standard text (e.g. contract name, expiry date etc).

How exactly did you amend the notification to show your specific text, and did you manage to use custom parameters at all?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Nick

Answers (0)