cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input value help for dynamic UI input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Based on the selection criteria in first view, i am retrieving the data from custom table(ZTABLE_UIELEMENTS) and creating dynamic UI input fields based on the entries in that table. Now i need to provide input value help or search help for each those dynamic UI elements (input fields) based on the table name provided in that (ZTABLE_UIELEMENTS ) table.

How to provide dynamic search help or Input value help for dynamic UI element (Input field).

Regards,

Srinivasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go through these link, http://files.cnblogs.com/sodmecai/OVS.pdf

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-150294

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the data element of the context attribute you are binding the input field to. Are you creating the context nodes dynamically as well? If so, add the data element names in the ztable_uielements as well. And when you create the context dynamically use the the data element names to create it.

Regards,

Fareez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Initially I have used OVS search help for all my CC context attributes based on the availability of the search help table name in the control table, i make it as deactivate for that attribute if no table name provided in the control table.

Thank you for the inputs.

Regards,

Srinivasa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you assign search helps to data elements created for the z table, the search help should automatically come.

Or,

You must be binding the input fields to some attributes of the context. If the search help is assigned to these attributes, again search help should come for the input fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have developed an WD component (CC - Consumer Component) with two views. First view having a list box, based on the selection i am retrieving the elements / fields list from the custom table and displaying them in the second view. Same field can be utilized for different purposes based on the selection in the first view. In the custom table they will maintain 'Z' table names for the each field based on the selection, i have to retrieving the data from that Z table and provide as input value help.

Main custom table (ZDECL_FLDS) look like below:

selection1     Field1     ZINPUT_TABLE1

selection2     Field1     ZINPUT_TBALE2

selection1     Field2     ZINPUT_TABLE3

Based on this table data i am displaying the UI elements dynamically in the view. but i could not able to provide the input help for those fields.

What i am trying is::

I have chosen "Freely Programmed" option for the property input help of an attribute in WD CC .

I have created another WD component (HC - help Component) where i want to retrieve the data and display data as input.

In my WD CC i have created a node with ZDECL_FLDS structure i want to interface this structure to WD HC to identify the input value table name and retrieve the data from it.

i maintained component usage in both the components. In the WD HC  something is missing and causing for the short dump saying that COPONENTCONTROLLER.1.ZDECL_FLDS mapping error.

I am using IWD_VALUE_HELP component in WD HC and writing the code like below

METHOD set_value_help_listener .

DATA: lif_help_listener   TYPE REF TO if_wd_value_help_listener,

l_f4_attr_info      TYPE wdr_context_attribute_info.

lif_help_listener ?= listener.

l_f4_attr_info  = lif_help_listener->f4_attribute_info.

DATA lo_nd_zhre_declhdr TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.

DATA lo_el_zhre_declhdr TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.

DATA ls_zhre_declhdr TYPE wd_this->element_zhre_declhdr.

* navigate from <CONTEXT> to <ZHRE_DECLHDR> via lead selection

lo_nd_zhre_declhdr = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_zhre_declhdr ).

* get element via lead selection

lo_el_zhre_declhdr = lo_nd_zhre_declhdr->get_element( ).

* get all declared attributes

lo_el_zhre_declhdr->get_static_attributes(

IMPORTING

static_attributes = ls_zhre_declhdr ).

ENDMETHOD.

I am getting the short dump at below line

lo_el_zhre_declhdr = lo_nd_zhre_declhdr->get_element( ).

How to fix this error and proceed further? or Is there any other approach for this?

Many thanks,

Regards

Srinivasa