cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix and AIX certification for a Basis person

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am a basis consultant, I am planning to go through HP-Unix or IBM-AIX certification program to add enhancement in my Basis Carrier.

Please provide your expert advice being a basis person which certification course number like in SAP we have ADM555 I should choose for HP-Unix and IBM-AIX.

Regards,

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

Usually the Unix Infrastructure is maintained by separate teams

You can go with Associate Basis certification ( SAP Certified Technology Associate ) with any of the database you are comfortable with. Some suggestions are given below.

C_TADM51702 - System Administration (Oracle DB) with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP2

C_TADM56_70 - System Administration (DB2) with SAP NetWeaver 7.0

C_TADM53_70 - System Administration (MS SQL DB) with SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Regards,

Mudasir.

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

I also suggest that first do certification of database then give certification for OS.

In most of compnies server management is being handled by datacenter team  but OS/DB is being handeled by one team(that team is mixed up with basis and db person).

This will also help in terms of upgrade and migation because most of time you will hit by database errors.

Regards, premsukh

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Personally I would rather do an Oracle certification instead of some Unix cert. Most of the time - at least within bigger companies - the system management is being executed by a separate department.

Database management of an SAP system should be executed by a Basis consultant, so I think it's better to focus on that area..

Kind regards,

Mark