Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generation of propotional factors

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

hi gurus

i have one doubt regarding the generation of propotional factors.

At the time of administration , we define the aggregation and disaggregation logic to the key figures i.e. s / p / a , e.t.c. on basis of that only aggregation and disaggregation happens in the system ,

Then why we are again calculating propotional factors. i understand that by calculating propotional factors disaggregation happens according to the propotion of the prev history.

but this should happen when i assign the " p " type disaggregation for my forecast key figure based on the history key figure,\. So why are we generating propotional factors again.

I am little confused here. Pls help.

thanks and regards

emani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Emani,

The key difference here is the way  calculate the proportional factors. For e.g. it may be any one of the following:

1. Calculate Fixed proportions in entire horizon : Here we calculate the proportion factors for each CVC depending on the proportion of that particular CVC in sum of basis key figure in entire horizon.

2.Detailed proportions  for all periods: Here Proportional factors are calculated for each period depending on the proportions of that period in total of the basis Key Figure value in that period.

Also important thing in proportional factors is that here we can restrict a partcular horizon for the calculation of the proportional factors.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Thanks,

Anurag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emani,

Proportinal factors you refere to (if i understood correctly), stored in special technical key figure not in your history key figure. You syncronizing them by running prportional factor calculation job.

emani_raghavendra
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for a prompt reply.

That special kf is APODPDANT i guess.

I am not saying that they are stored in history key figure . I mean to say, when i assign the " P " type disaggregation at the time of administration to my forecast key figure based on the history kf then the data should get disaggregated in the propotions of my history sales and get stored in my forecast kf. so in this scenario what is the use of generation of porpotional factors ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge 'P' type disaggregation means-"based on another key figure".

Initially the kf APODPDANT will not have any values, so the proportional factors have to be calculated and then loaded in APODPDANT.

We use the program MC8V to calculate Proportional factors and store it in APODPDANT Key figure, and then when we use this APODPDANT KF in planning area as the disaggregation KF for both History and Forecast Key figures,

Refer to the following example and see if it can help u.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/26/53f1f3758211d398490000e8a49608/content.htm

Cheers

Ankit Singhal

+918088245626