Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service order Billing date

former_member317998
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This is Service Scenario, Transaction flow is Order and Billing only. User created a Sale order on 30.6.2012[Saturday] and Billing created on 30.6.2012[Saturday], But in Billing document Creation date showing 30.6.2012, Billing date showing 2-7-2012 [Monday], Why creation date and Billing date showing differently? What is the reason?  

Regards

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SK

Please check your VTFA setting .Please see the screen shot for your reference .Please see your VTFA has routine number 11 assigned.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But in Billing document Creation date showing 30.6.2012, Billing date showing 2-7-2012 [Monday], Why creation date and Billing date showing differently? What is the reason?  

Regards

SK

It means...when the Invoice is due for creation on 02.07...the user has created it early by two days, creating the invoice on 30.06.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K,

First ,you have to analyse ,

1. What is the Billing Date ?

Invoice Date/Billing Date will always be determined based on the Delivery Dsocument or Sales Order Document. Why because the Billing Document is created with reference of the Delivery by that time ,This Billing Date will take from Delivery Document.If incase It is Order related Billing ,in this case The Billing Date is Determined based on Order Related Date.

Ex: You are Created Billing Document (F2) with Respictive of the Delivery Document (LO),Here ,the Billing Date is Copied from the Delivery Document means Goods Issue Date.If the Billing Document is related to Order Docuemnt by this that Date will take from Sales Order Document.

Table Name VBRK-FKDAT -Field for Billing Date in Header Level.

2. What is the Creation Date ?

On which Date ,You are creating Billing Document in VF01.

Ex: Table VBRK - ERDAT Field for "Craeted On" in Header Level

3. What is the Posting Date  ?

On which Date ,You are generating accountings in FI Point of View means if any Billing Document blocked on the based on Credit Exceed,after You will release this Billing Document of amounts to Concern G/L Account manually.

User Created a Sale order on 30.6.2012[Saturday] and Billing created on 30.6.2012[Saturday], But in Billing document Creation date showing 30.6.2012, Billing date showing 2-7-2012 [Monday].

User created Sales Order on 30.6.2012 ,If this Order related Billing without Delivery I am sure,the Billing Date also 30.6.2012. I think,The user created Billing Document 2.7.2012.This Date is "Crated On" in Header Level of Billing Document,thats why, the System also showing Monday based on Factory Calender.

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

In the last part of your post you have mentioned Factory Calendar. Which* factory calendar or calendar is responsible for the billing date to be on the next working day i.e. Monday? and not on the billing document creation date (Saturday).

*The calendar assigned to the delivering plant or the shipping point or the sales organization or....?

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

By default system takes BIlling Date as Service Rendered Date (which in case of Delivery is Delivery date).

But in your case, check the Delivery / Service rendered date in the Sales Order.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

As Narendra has mentioned by default the system takes the Actual PGI date as the billing date in the billing document.

Actual PGI date is not the delivery date; as PGI is on which date the goods leave the plant / warehouse and the delivery date is on which date the recipient receives the goods.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SK,

I too have noticed similar occurrences / things.

My guess is that it has been configured in such a way. The requirement that led to this configuration is that the customer does not want the billing date to be on the week-ends (i.e. Saturday, Sunday).

Thus it might be taken from the factory calendar but not sure from which entity (Sales organization?).

Please search in the internet.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please have a look into below link ,may this will insist you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/898527

Thanks,

Naren

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi S K,

In this regard I would also like add that at the time of billing in the header tab you can change the Billing date as per your requirement.

Please note that Billing date will be the Posting date for the Accounting doc of that Bill & due date will be calculated based on the posting date.

If you have any more clarification plz let me know,

Thanks,

Suman

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Your billing date need not be the invoice creation date. It is dependent on the entry present in the billing tab in the sales order header. Please check this entry in the sales order.

You can create a billing document on a date having a different invoice date.

Basically understand that Creation date and billing date are different.

Regards,