cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Master update by /SAPAPO/OM_SYNC_LC_DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to identify a problem where the Heuristic on a product master was updated by the /SAPAPO/OM_SYNC_LC_DB batch job. Can anyone think of a scenario why this would happen?

One piece of information is that this product is a component of a BOM for a finished material which has the same heuristic assigned.

Second the new heuristic is same as what was on product master before the batch job ran last time.

Could this be a timing issue of when the update was done in Product Master?

Regards,

Mithun.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you use the

report /SAPAPO/HEU_PACKAGE_CO_PROD which creates
planning packages automatically for output products from joint processes and
assigns the same product
heuristic
selected to all output products?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue has been resolved. We found an additional step in our PP MRP run which did the master data update too using MASSBACK.

Thanks for the inputs.

Regards,

Mithun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mithun,

I seriously doubt that  /SAPAPO/OM_SYNC_LC_DB updated your product master.  This program usually updates LC, not table based data (where the heuristic is stored).  I suggest you look elsewhere.

If you need evidence, turn on Product Master logging. IMG > APO > Master Data > Product > Activate change documents.  The change docs can thereafter be displayed using transaction /SAPAPO/PROD_CD_READ

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

We realized that too that it's not the  /SAPAPO/OM_SYNC_LC_DB program that did the update.

As per the time of update it seems like it matches with the background job for Heuristics.

Can you think of anything in the heuristic job that might do this?

Regards,

Mithun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mithun,

Well, I don't know the contents of your 'heuristic job', so I can't comment.

Generally, there are very few 'standard' SAP programs that will alter the Heuristic in the Product master.  One of them is SAPMMSDL. Core interface enhancement can also be created to alter the heuristic in the product master.  LSMW projects will do whatever they are programmed to do.  BDCs likewise.

I will assume that you have somehow excluded the possibility that a user manually made the changes. 

It really makes no sense to speculate.  Turn on logging, and the answer will become evident.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dogboy,

Thanks for the suggestion. We will turn on the logging and see what comes up    .

Regards,

Mithun