Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendors in APO

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,              

While trying to understand vendors in APO, I was wondering how do we distinguish between these 2 types of vendors:

a) Subcontracting Vendors (SVs)

b) Non-Subcontracting Vendors (NSVs)

SVs are for subcontracting scenario only & are visible  in interactive planning book

The NSVs are external vendors which are not visible as locations in PB

Both SVs & NSVs are maintained as info record in MM & CIFed to APO through one single integration model

The info record for both SVs & NSVs are visible in APO as External Procurement Relationships.

I would be grateful if you could guide me in these :

1) Are the TL's from vendors to plant being created in APO automatically when the Info Records are CIFed.

2) The Info Records gets CIFed through a I Model, run by a batch job. How is Means of Transportation being assigned to the T-Lanes? Is it done manually.

3) Whats the configuration  responsible for making SVs visible in PB, but NSVs invisible in PB, i.e in the tulip selection screen, NSVs doesn't pop up as locations.

4) Whats the APO database table for vendors.

5) Whats the ECC table for vendors, can these be differentiated.

Looking forward to some insights in these.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

presume you are using SNP for planning with Subcon as well.

you need to have a seperate integration model for SUBCON where in you select the object "inforecord" and "PDS". In the selection criteria of Inforecord you need to select the "subcon inforecrd" and exclude the other vendors which is NSV in both "selection of source of supply" and "selection of Purchase of Inforecord"

I think this way your Question # 3 can be answered. Let me know if its working.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks DB, Tiemen & Jim. I have understood the gist of the working.

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

2) The Info Records gets CIFed through a I Model, run by a batch job. How is Means of Transportation being assigned to the T-Lanes? Is it done manually.

I see it done automatically in our systems. Need more time to find out how.

Best regard,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Tiemin is right, it is possible to set up a means of Transport to be 'default' for Transportation lanes created by the CIF.  This can be useful if your business always uses one or two MTs, or if you are frequently creating new TLs.  IMG > APO > Master Data > Transportation Lane > Maintain Means of Transport.  Select "Create CIF" checkbox.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thank you for the information.

Best regards,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

1) Are the TL's from vendors to plant being created in APO automatically when the Info Records are CIFed.

Yes, provided the start location (Vendor) and destination location (Plant) already exist in APO as Master data

Manually

3) Whats the configuration  responsible for making SVs visible in PB, but NSVs invisible in PB, i.e in the tulip selection screen, NSVs doesn't pop up as locations.

I don't know, I have never researched, since it has never occurred to me that I anyone would want to know the difference.

4) Whats the APO database table for vendors.

APO stores all location data (plants, vendors, customers, etc) in the same structures.  There are multiple tables, depending upon the data you seek. Start with /SAPAPO/LOC and /SAPAPO/LOCT, quite a bit of the Location based data is stored here. If you are looking for specific fields not contained in these two tables, come back with details.

5) Whats the ECC table for vendors, 

Like APO, ECC stores Vendor info in multiple tables.  Much of the interesting data is stored in LFA1, LFB1, LFM1, LFM2.

Best Regards,

DB49