cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access not made due to previous access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am not able to save the sales order which shows the error as material not in list and hence could not be saved.

However when I check the listing record, it is maintained. When I see the analysis screen it say that the access not made due to previous access.

I am unable to interpret, where the previous access is. Has any body encountered similar error.

Many Thanks

Prashant Ranalkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

There is a config setting, through which, we can make Listing procedure to look for condition records in different condition tables.

SPRO->Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Lisitng/ExclusionActivate listing/exclusion by sales document type..3rd column "pro". Make a setting of 'B' against your document type and lisitng procedure. Screenshot attached.

Not sure if this would help you now. But through SDN, this would get documented and help others, who would be facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Vikas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Somehow SAP's Material Listing functionality does not follow the condition technique entirely. Means that, if you have maintained multiple condition tables in the access sequence for Material Listing and maintained records in more than 1 condition table. System while looking for condition records, will stop at the first condition table, where it find records and all the records present in that condition table will be taken for listing. You might not be able to maintain few condition records in one condition table and remaining records in other condition table.

To analyse your error, check if there are records present in multiple condition tables of the access sequence which you are using. If possible try to maintain records in any one condition table. This error should not happen then.

Also try to maintain the condition record in the 1st condition table in your access sequence. This error would not happen then.

Please try these (though it might sound weird) and post your results if still not resolved.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vikas ......

Exactly,  I observed the same thing...... Its not weird, however I have observed one more step further.

Example:-

access 10:-  sales org 1000, Customer Group 11, and Material A

Access 20:- sales org 1000, Destination country US,  material B

And If I create a sales order for Material B, System checks the first two fields of the access 10, i.e sales org and customer group (since both these fields are in header) and if found it marks the status as complete and doesn't proceed further. However since the order is for Material B, it is not getting a valid record since that access has a material A.

since this access is complete, on the next access it shows the message access not made due to previous access even though this access has a valid condition record for material B.

However i tried same thing with Pricing condition record and it work perfects. Never observed such message for pricing.

Is this a Standard behavior of SAP for listing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth..

You are right when you say that this behavior is observed during Listing records processing and not while Pricing records processing.

We discovered this while mapping a business process for our client. We suggested our Client to maintain records at any one level of customer hierarchy (our requirment comprised of maintaining different condition tables having different customer hierarchy level fields) and designed the sequence of condition tables in the access sequence to optimize this. Luckily our business process mapped pretty well with this.

For Material Listing, we cannot maintain records at multiple condition table levels. If we do maintain, then the system will check in the first condition table in the access sequence and if it is able to find any one record, it will stop and would not search further. I'm not sure, whether Material Listing has been intentionally designed to behave like this. Maybe someone from SAP team can answer this thing better.

Anyway, if you want to go by standard SAP, I would suggest you to use one condition table having fields sales org , Destination Country, Customer Group and Material. Though it would require maintenance of more number of records, but it would solve your problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Updates on this issue ././././././././

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update here the screen shot of the issue you were facing with that error message number.

G. Lakshmipathi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have Created any Exclusion Record

Siva prasad

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this whether it helps you:-

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link speak about if the Z fields are added in field catalog which are used in access, it should also be maintained in communication structure. However in this case the table and the fields are all standard and re-confirmed and checked that they exits in field catalog.

also I have checked the exclusion record and it does not exits .....

An update on this .........