Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue related to Clarification Account

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Assume payment is posted to clarification account from there to party account which gets cleared with open item (let say, invoicing).

e.g. Cash/ Bank A/c           Dr.  INR 100

To Clarification A/c   Cr. INR 100

2nd Entry, Clarification A/c  Dr. INR 100

To Party A/c     Cr. INR 100 (Main - Sub - 0600-0020)

Now due to some reason, we need to reversed invoice, so we have to do reset of cleared items. (clearing reason -09)

Now issue is when we do reset items than rather than breaking linkage, system posts this reversed of 2nd entry, ie.

Party A/c                  Dr. INR 100  (Main - sub - 0600-0020)

To Clarification A/c Cr. INR 100

Now I have three queries,

1. isn't above reset irregular, as we were not reversing payment items but merely resetting it.

2. shouldn'r staus of payment lot through which items were posted get reset.

3. How to find such cases as in FAGLB03, balance of clarification a/c in not zero but table DFKKCFZST is nil.

Regards,

Paresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

Answers to your Queries-

(a)If you select the option "Retain Distribution to accounts" only then the links break b/w the invoice and the payment and both become open items.

Can you let me know the option that you are selecting in the "Setting for Posting Clearing Amount" in FP07?

(b) The status of the payment lot only gets changed if there are any unclarified entries in the clarification worklist (Table-DFKKCFZST) against the payment lot, In you scenario, the item is not hitting the worklist and so the status is not getting changed.

(c) You need to query DFKKKO and DFKKOP. In DFKKOP, check for the Document with document Class (DFKKKO-BLTYP) as 1. I think these will be scenarios where the amount is not getting to the Payment CWl.

Once, you have identified them you can query the clearing document field of DFKKOP to match and find out the extract.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Option used while resetting is Create new open item.

There is one more issue. Assume there is double payment scenario.

And instead of revesing payment, some dummy has passed JE as mentioned above which reverses second impact of clarification but fails to reverse bank.

I.e. Passing JE    BP A/c Dr. XXX

To Clarification Processing  XXX.

" Additional Posting for reversal" with document origin key as 52.

Will I be able find all such documents through point (b) as you explained earlier.

I am sure this will have an impact on BRS. But how to make sure that users should not be able to passed such entries (which event shall be activated).

Thanks for your insightful comments.

Have a nice day.

Paresh

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh,

For reset clearing, the best approach would be to use the option "Retain Distribution to accounts".

It only breaks the clearing link b/w the debit and credit line items and both of them appear as open items.

For your next query, you can find out the documents list from table DFKKKO based on the origin key (DFKKKO-HERKF) which is 52.

If you want to control the use of reset clearing options to be system-driven, you can have a look at the event 0071, where in you can block those scenarios where the options for Reset clearing have not been properly selected by the users.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

paresh_vanjara
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Ok issue resolved.

Regards,

Paresh

Answers (0)