Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RA for PS

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in need of information with step-by-step guide on how to configure Result Analysis for PS, found many threads but werent of my need.

I am aware of what RA means in general, but do not have any functional experience in configuring it in SAP.

Appreciate if I could get a link or a doc which has a small case study with steps to configure it in SAP landscape.

Thanks,

Aditya V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

In addition to the above, before you think of configuring the RA you have to read thorougly the key nomenclatures like;

The significance of Primary & Secondary Cost Elements,

Why the Result Analysis is done.

How to do the settlement further.

What are various settlement objects?

RA as the word stands- is Result Analysis that is carried for a Project/WBS in terms of Revenue & Cost. This will form the base for settling the cost into the cost buckets.

It gives us clarity on Planned Vs Actual values in terms of Revenue & Cost.

As experts have mentioned already;

Config involves creation of RAKey, Maintaining Version, Defining the Valuation Methods & so on...

It is essentially CO object no doubt about that. But, in the mean time PS Consultant should also know the details and should be able to resolve the issues on RA as it is directly related to PS.

I feel lot of conceptual understanding of the process flow is required before anybody enters into RA Configuration.

As Srihari mentioned the T-codes are correct(OKG1....OKG5).

Take help of your CO Consultant before entering into configuration part.

Good Luck.....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

It would be very difficult to provide you with a step by step by guide on how RA is to be configured. Reason being, no one here is aware of the business process you are working on. Moreover, how RA needs to be calculated and configured is entirely a business decision i.e. a decision that needs to be taken by your Management.

You need to be aware that without understanding your business process it would not be possible to provide you with the required info. I would suggest you to talk to your CO consultant and go ahead with configuring RA. Generally, it is the job of the FICO consultants to talk to the management and then configure RA. As far as general RA settings are concerned, you can check that in your IDES system and see if that helps.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

With CO consultant only, you can configure entire settings of Result Analysis. As PS consultant, you can take help from CO and understand the entire step by step RA settings.  I am giving below the details of config settings.

Result  Analysis

1. OKG1

2. OKG2

3. OKG3

4. OKG4

5. OKG5

Please note the above can be done with the help of CO, after the configuration, u will be able to run KKA2 & CJIF for projects RA.

Thanks/Srihari