cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can somebody tell me how to process warranty issues within SD?

Our business processes are:

1.) High value parts will be sent charged to the customer with requirement to return the defect part back!

When customer sends back broken parts we will release a credit note.

=> how do we know (unless the parts are not sent back from customer) that this turnover is not real but fictive?

2.) Low value parts will be sent free of charge to the customer with requirement to return the defect part back!

When customer doesn't send the broken parts back we will have to charge the items.

=> work with TANN without price determination (TANN cannot be reversed to TAN when already delivered!) or TAN with 100% discount?

What is the SAP standard process?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our business processes are:

1.) High value parts will be sent charged to the customer with requirement to return the defect part back!

When Customer sends back broken parts ,we will release a credit note.

=> how do we know (unless the parts are not sent back from customer) that this turnover is not real but fictive?

What I understood from above sentence is,

a. You are raising Sales Order with High value Parts to Your customer right.If that Customer got any

Damaged High Value Parts by that time ,he will return that High Value Parts to Company right,on that time ,the company will raise the Credit Note to Customer for Damaged Goods (High Value Parts) right.

You can configure in the above Scenario in SD SAP side.

1. Create Sales Order in VA01.

2. Do Delivery ,Picking,packing in VL01N.

3. Create Shipment Via VT01N.

4. Do PGI in VL02N and Raise Invoice in VF01.

If you want returns any Damaged Goods To Comapny,

4. Again Create Returns Order on the Based on Billing Document.

5. Returns Delivery and Create Credit Memo to Customer.

2.) Low value parts will be sent free of charge to the customer with requirement to return the defect part back!

for 2nd query ,Please follow ,Free of Charge Delivery without any charges form Customer.(For this ,Please check Google with Free of Charge deliveries in SAP or SCN SD).

If you have any issues,please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is whether to use TANN instead of TAN (what about TAS and TAB) without price determination or

TANN with price determination and 100% discount?

What is the SAP standard process?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R,

First ,You have to read Functionality of the Item Categories in VOV7 (Please observe fields and at a time what Schedule Line Categories will get with what type of Item Categories and Movement Types also in VOV6).

1. TAN - Itemcatecogry (You can use standard Scenarios),it is relevant for Price.

2. TANN- This ItemCategory relevant for Free of Goods Scenarios with 100% Discounts ,Price is B means Price is relevant for 100%Discount ).

3. KLN- ItemCategory is used in the Free of Charge Samples Scenarios .(Price Field in Item category is No Price).

4. TAS- ItemCategory is used in the Third Party Sales

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks ,

Naren