cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On change event in webdynpro abaP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client gave me a requirement to have ON CHANGE event for a particular input field in webdynpro ABAP. But we are having only ON ENTER event . In which release did ON CHANGE event exists. Current release is SAP_ABA is 702 ECC 6.0

Thanks & regards

sreehari P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like to put the code about auto sum in the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method.

to reduce performance issues,

You may check whether field1 or field2 has been changed.

WDDOMODIFYVIEW method is called every round-trip.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no OnChange event in Web Dynpro ABAP. Perhaps they were asking for the SuggestValue feature? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My requirement is whenever i fiiled field1  and field2 after leaving the field2 i should get the sum in field3

automatically. how is it possible in WD ABAP.

Thanks & regards

sreehari P

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>how is it possible in WD ABAP.

It is not possible.  The closest you could get is to use the onEnter event of the imput field. However that would require the user to press Enter in order to trigger the server side event.  There are no onChange or onFocus change events in Web Dynpro ABAP. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do SAP have any plans to implement eventhandlers for the standard HTML DOM events like onmouseover in the future? That would make the WDA framework a lot more user friendly...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreehari,

Your working on EHP 2 SAP_ABA is 702 ECC 6.0.

I have checked in EHP 6 SAP_ABA is  731 ECC 6.0

In EHP6 for inputfield we have two events 1) onTablePaste

2) onEnter.

In any package or in any Release their is no action ON CHANGE for inputfield.

What you can do is on click on any button or any other action you can make inputfield as editable.

Regards

Madhukiran.