cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-A/PI Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an ERP 6.0 + EhP5 with addon ST-A/PI 01N_700EC. As this version is no longer updated, I want to install the ST-A/PI 01P_700 addon. Could you tell me What' is the procedure? Do I have to use the Package under "Installation" directory (SAPKITAB7I) or the the package under "Exchange-Upgrade" directory (SAPK-01PB7INSSA)? Is there any post installation step for this case?

best regards,

cK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please tell me if i used the correct package (SAPKITAB7I) or if I had to used the

exchange-upgrade package (SAPK-01PB7INSSA)??

Regars,

cK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CK,

you have to use the exchange-upgrade package SAPK-01PB7INSSA.

Regards,

Bharat

premsukh_bishnoi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

Package SAPKITAB7I is correct for your release.

SAP Note No. 69455

7.00      for all systems on basis 7.00-7.02       -> 01P_700

Regarding XPRAS, please attached the dump.

Regards, Premsukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Premsukh,

C K had already installed ST-A/PI 01N_700ECC. SAPKITAB7I is for a fresh installation of addon.

Since he is upgrading the package should be SAPK-01PB7INSSA.

Please provide your reasoning if you dont agree!!

Regards,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharat,

If I have used the wrong patch (I thought that SAINT wouldn't allow me to continue by choosing the wrong patch), is there a way to reset the SPAM/SAINT (both are blocked)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

SAPKITAB7I is the right package since you are installating a new version (P version of this addon).

SAPK-01PB7INSSA is an addon exchange  package which "should" be used only incase of

an upgrade.

I hope this information helps.

Also, if you need to reset the queue, please let me know in which phase you are currenlty?

Regards,

Sandhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya,

Thanks for your support. I guess that  if I have used the right package I shouldn't try to reset the queue. Instead I should try to fix the error. However I still don't know why I'm getting the error in phase 'XPRA_EXECUTION. There haven't been any modifications with the component ST-A/PI and there's any SAP Note regarding this issue I'm attaching the the dump, maybe you could help me.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

cK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi C K,

As per SAP note 69455, for NW 7.02, the version to be installed ST- A/PI 01P 700

the SPAM/ SAINT patch level should be minimum 20. what is the SPAM/SAINT level of your system?

I think you need to use the Package SAPK-01PB7INSSA which is in exchange- upgrade directory.

you need to execute the upgrade from Client 000 which you might already be aware.

Can you please try that and let me know?

Regards,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bharat,

My SPAM/SAINT version is 702/47 (last one available). I executed the upgrade from client 000 (only in 000 is allowed).If I have used the wrong support package is there a way to release the upgrade process? Because its in XPRA_EXECUTION phase I cannot reset it and SPAM/SAINT is locked.

Any suggestion?

regards,

cK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

click on action log of queue , go and expand all check the red hightlighted log , copy it and paste it here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Islam Semmary,

Action log of queue:

Import phase 'XPRA_EXECUTION' (10.10.2012, 08:54:26)

Error during executing the tp command 'tp XPA ALL AC1 ...'

tp return code: '0012' , tp message: 'A tool used by tp aborted' , tp output:

This is tp version 375.86.82 (release 720, unicode enabled)

standard output from tp and from tools called by tp:

Details of the error situation can also be found in the import logs

Interrupt the import due to an error situation (10.10.2012, 08:55:44)

Display detailed informations concerning the error in phase 'XPRA_EXECUTION'

Abort the import due to an error situation (10.10.2012, 08:57:12)

----------------------

Import Log:

Program terminated (job: RDDEXECL, no.: 08543000)

See job log

Execution of programs after import (XPRA)

End date and time : 20121010085534

Ended with return code:  ===> 12 <===

----------------------

Job Log:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RDDEXECL, variant , user ID DDIC)

All DB buffers of application server ServerName were synchronized

Internal session terminated with a runtime error (see ST22)

Job cancelled

----------------------

I have already posted the dump.

Regards,

cK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello C K

this is final error , but thr also you will find the cause of this , scroll up for few lines , you will find red highlighted lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Islam Semmary,

The final error is:

Import phase 'XPRA_EXECUTION' (09.10.2012, 18:09:30)

Abort the import due to an error situation (09.10.2012, 18:09:52)

and the detailed what I mentioned:

Import phase 'XPRA_EXECUTION' (09.10.2012, 18:09:30)

tp return code: '0012' , tp message: 'A tool used by tp aborted' , tp output:

This is tp version 375.86.82 (release 720, unicode enabled)

standard output from tp and from tools called by tp:

Abort the import due to an error situation (09.10.2012, 18:09:52)

There are no others red lights,

Regards,

cK

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to upgrade the ST-A/PI to the 01P_700 release using the SAINT tool.

Please download the package SAPKITAB7I from the Sap Service Market place uncar it and place the

PAT files in the EPS\in directory. After that please define the queue with this package in SAINT to upgrade the Add-on.

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika,

I tried what you suggested but got a dump in XPRA_EXECUTION phase. Let me explain a littler more the case:

I had installed ST-A/PI 01N_700ECC (installation package) and Its support package SAPKITAR7H. Then I applied the SAPKITAB7I (installation package) in order to changed to ST-A/PI 01P_700 (I got the dump here):

Category               ABAP Programming Error

Runtime Errors         LOAD_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND

Except.                CX_SY_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND

ABAP Program           /SSF/PACK

Application Component  BC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|Short text                                                                                      

|    Program "/SSF/ULIB " not found.                                                              

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|What happened?                                                                                   

|    There are several possibilities:                                                             

|                                                                                                 

|    Error in the ABAP Application Program                                                        

|                                                                                                 

|    The current ABAP program "/SSF/PACK" had to be terminated because it has                     

|    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.                               

|    or                                                                                           

|    Error in the SAP kernel.                                                                     

|                                                                                                 

|    The current ABAP "/SSF/PACK" program had to be terminated because the                        

|    ABAP processor detected an internal system error.                  

|Error analysis                                                                                   

|    An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.                                     

|    The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_PROGRAM_NOT_FOUND', was not                 

|     caught in                                                                                   

|    procedure "PACK_FIELD_OR_TABLE" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING                    clause.                                                                                     

|    Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the                        

|    exception would occur, the current program is terminated.                                    

|    The reason for the exception is:                                                             

|    On account of a branch in the program                                                        

|    (CALL FUNCTION/DIALOG, external PERFORM, SUBMIT)                                            

|    or a transaction call, another ABAP/4 program                                                

|    is to be loaded, namely "/SSF/ULIB ".                                                        

|                                                                                                 

|    However, program "/SSF/ULIB " does not exist in the library.                                 

|                                                                                                 

|    Possible reasons:                                                                            

|    a) Wrong program name specified in an external PERFORM or                                    

|       SUBMIT or, when defining a new transaction, a new                                         

|       dialog module or a new function module.                                                   

|    b) Transport error                                                                           

Any suggestion?

System information:

SAP System: ECC EHP5, based on NW 7.02

BD: DB2 9.7 FP4

regards,

cK

Former Member
0 Kudos