cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle secure sessions in WDA appli with generic SAP user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am developping a WDA application which will be accessed by users from an intranet portal.

These users are not created in SAP because too many (2000), so we want use a generic sap user to access to this WDA appli.

so i have some questions:

- does WDA  support many accesses (about 2000) to the same appli with a same generic sap user ?

- In this case we can't use SSO2 cookie to handle secure client sessions, do you have any solution to secure the client session? (we want to avoid that anybody in the company access to this appli by simply typing the URL)

any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanir_mullapudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

have a generic sap user & have the actual users created in LDAP & let users enter their LDAP login id only in a custom WDA login screen, once validated then take the users to the main WDA application.

This should help.

Warm regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Phani for your answer,

I have just a problem with this solution : the users concerned are from a subsidiary of the company and i haven't access easily to their system or LDAP.

So I imagined another workaround:

1- the distant server will first call a webservice to negociate a connexion  for the user and we will  give a token and also store it in a table (user/token).

2- The server will then redirect the end user to the URL of the WDA with parameters user/token ==> URL parmeters or client cookie?

3- The WDA appli will then open a sessionID if the user/token are valid

do you think this solution secure ?  using client cookie is more secure but how to delete it at the end of session?

Thanks

Answers (0)