cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AC 10 - Define Connectors and Connector Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined Connector in the system as

Target Connector: DARCLNT100 (our ERP Syste)

Connection Type: SAP

Source Connector: (left blank)

Logical Port: DARCLNT100

Are these values seems correct.

Also not sure what is the purpose of Connector Group. Is it same as Defining Logical System in AC 5.3

We want to use our custom ruleset. Do we still have to define connector group.

Will greatly appreciate any help.

Regards

Masood

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Masood,

Yes you are thinking in correct direction, connector group can be used to create logical system in AC10.

You need to assign your Connector Groups to Group Type: 'LOGICAL GROUP'.

It depends on group type you can use this connector group as Cross System or Application area (BRM).

If you want to use your custom ruleset for a landscape then i would suggest you to   create your custom risk for your custom group, and in case its for single connector than its not required.

Thanks & Regards,

Jitan Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin

Thanks very much for your help.

If I want to use our custom ruleset, does it mean that we do not have to activate BC Sets like GRAC_RA_RULESET_COMMON or others like GRAC_RA_RULESET_* etc

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Masood

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Masood,

Yes your assumption is correct, in case you are developing custom risks than you do not require to activate these BC SETS.

Please do run the authorization synch job for the connectors you want to create custom risk, this is

pre requisite to bring SU24 data.

Best Regards,

Jitan Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitan

Thanks a lot for your help. You clarified my another concern about SU24 very nicely. Should that Sync be run before uploading ruleset file or after that.

I am preaparing files for AC10 as we used to do in AC5.3, my question is that does fields size of those tables remains the same.

Kind Regards

Masood

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Masood,

1. Synch should be run before.

2. There are few changes in the field size, but we also support the 5.3 format.

So if your files are in compliant with recommended 5.3 format you won't face any issue during upload.

Best Regards,

Jitan Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitan

Thanks a lot for your quick answers. It helped me a lot.

I have been able to run AUTH Sync successfully and Repository Sync Jobs is running right now and hopefully should be complete soon.

If I have more questions I will start another thread. I will close this thread now.

Once again thanks a lot for you guidance and nice answers.

Kind Regards

Masood

Answers (0)