cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are extractors and bicontent handled similar to BW in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are extractors and bicontent handled similar to BW in HANA? is it thru only Data services?

With Dataservice 4.1 version i am able to see extractors node within the sap ECC datastore.

With BW you have BI content and extractors and also data source exhancements via Customer exits .

Here also within hana do we have similart kidn of functionality?

Thanks a lot for the helpful info.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, BW on HANA handles extractors the same way as BW on BW on traditional databases. You could do this via data services as well if DS is the common ETL layer within your architecture. You might not see any difference in the performance of the extraction process outside BW on HANA but certainly insertion into the PSA within BW on HANA should be faster.

Please be mindful that using Dataservices for extractors - only around 200+ extractors have been officially released by SAP for this purpose and this number will increase in the future. Also, you can use custom extractors by making an entry into a table (cant remember it's name of the top of my head)  but I doubt if SAP will support any issues around that if you face any.

Another way of extracting BI content extractors in a stand alone HANA environment is via Direct Extractor connection (DXC). You can read about that in SAP Help if interested.

Thanks,

Anooj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

Good to see some useful information in your reply.

I have a similar question, is there any modeling changes in installing BI Content extractor with BW on HANA ?

Regards

Shankar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Extracting though regular ABAP extractors into the standard PSAs is still possible with BW on HANA, it should be even faster due to inserting into a in-memory DB. What you have is a new option to use transient/virtual infoproviders that you can fill directly from tables/views on HANA, hence being able to have a multiprovider with data from regular BW sources (PSA, DSO, infocube) and HANA.