cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculation View with Input Parameters in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

I have created a calculation view which has input parameter  when I do data preview it works fine as it asks for input parameters, but when I try to use that in a select statement , I am recieving below error

SAP DBTech JDBC: [2048]: column store error: search table error:  [34092] search on calculation model requires parameters;Required variable $$shopid$$ is not set.

how can we use select statement and resolve the error to get proper result based on ,because I am trying to use this calculation view on ABAP client to get result records by accepting th input parameters from client side  and use them  for further processing .Request you to share your ideas.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to pass the parameters with a PLACEHOLDER statement in the SELECT. For the proper syntax, open the Data preview window, click on the small exclamation icon in the top right, and check the query it executes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique

Thanks for solving my both queries .

Thanks

Santosh Varada

ashish_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh Varada,

Could you please let me know how did you entered the Placeholder in ABAP coding as when i try to enter it , it gives me complile time error.

I tried to run it something like this:

SELECT * FROM EV_CV_RANGE_QURY ('PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$offset$$', '1'), 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$length_param$$', '2'))
    INTO TABLE lt_wrs1
  WHERE ASORT = 'MGS1' .

But it is not compiling and gives error at ('PLACEHOLDER' ...

Thanks.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I know, currently it is not possible to consume calculation view with parameters in ABAP by external views.

You can consume calculation view via Native Sql any way.

ashish_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Guoliang Zhou for your answer. Later i also found the same, so it's clear that currently it is a limitation in ABAP. So i did my query in a different way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sudha_rao2
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.