Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.31 upgrade stack.xml problem

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm currently in the middle of a dual stack upgrade to netweaver 7.31 from 7.02 (I know it's recommended that the stacks be split but there is a requirement to keep them as is).  The ABAP side of things has gone well so far and now I'm in the BIND_SUPPORT_PACKAGES phase of the Java update and I get the following error:

"Stack definition file stack.xml contains no applicable stacks."

I recently did a support pack stack upgrade to a solution manager system so I compared the stack.xml files for the Java specific sections and nothing seemed out of the ordinary...............The stack.xml was generated by the maintenance optimizer in solution manager.

Anyone familiar with this problem?  If so is there a way to correct or bypass it?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers,

JB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello James,

sorry to hear that you have these problems.

Can you please provide some more information about the situation, e.g. which tool do you use (SUM, as I presume, so which SP?). My first idea was the stack.xml (is the AS Java stack listed?), but it looks as if you checked this already. (I once had that error message when the modelling in Solution Manager was incomplete: AS Java missing.) Is there a chance that you use the landscape verification in your solution manager system (which version is it, e.g. 7.1 SP04?).

Cheers, Boris

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I eventually discovered that the stack.xml file was incomplete, missing many Java components.........which I find odd considering that this was automatically generated from Solution Manager.........

It would have been a little easier to figure out had the error message been a little more specific.

In any event the upgrade continues

Thank you very much for responding.

Cheers,

JB

Answers (0)