cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QT to OR , Target qty reference (Warning message not appearing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fnds,

I am facing one issue....before i have searched it but i didnt find on this.

As per general, QT qty = 50 , if i refered in OR for that QT as >50 qty , generally system will through warning message V1494.

I need to show this warning message, while copying the quotaion in VA01 transaction(click on create w.r.to tab)

i have maintained in Item category AGN - Completion rule - B

VTAA  pos qty as +

apart from this should do any configuration.

Many thanks,

raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venky Raj,

If you  have maintained in Item category AGN - Completion rule - B

I am sure it should pick up.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venky,

Also maintain in field "Update document flow" = X, in VTAA, at item category level.

Furthermore, below link gives relevant information

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/multiple-sales-order-in-reference-to-a-quotation...

With standard settings in IDES, I go the warning message when the order quantity exceeded the quotation quantity, when order created with reference to the quotation:

Reference quantity: 5 PC (total referenced: 15 PC)

Message no. V1494

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Make sure that, your order probability should be 100% in VOV8.

Also, check whether your Document Flow has been updated or not..

Create order without maintaining completion rule in VOV7 and check this.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sri,

With "Probability" you have touched upon an interesting point!

Probability is not linked with this issue.

Probability signifies the chance (in percentage) of a quotation being converted in to an order.

No matter what the probability, system shall allow the creation of sales order(s) with the quantity which is in the quotation.

When the quantity in the sales order is greater than the quantity in the quotation, then the warning message should populate.

In IDES, I have tested this with probability value as blank, 1, 70, 100 in VOV8, for QT

SAP F1 help, field "Probability", in Sales document type QT:

Sales probability

The probability (expressed as a percentage) of the customer confirming the inquiry or quotation as part of a sales order.

Use

The system uses the probability and net value of each item to calculate a total expected order value for the sales document. The expected order value appears in the double-line entry screen.

Procedure

The system proposes the probability for each item. You can change the value manually depending on the sales document category.

Example

A quotation contains two items:

• Item 1 has a value of $100 and a probability of 100%
  • Item 2 has a value of $200 and a probability of  25%

The system calculates the total probability as follows:

($100 x 100% + $200 x 25% ) divided by $300 = 50%

In this case, the probability of this quotation resulting in a sales order is 50%.

Dependencies

You can generate requirements from quotations. The probability of the quotation items affects how the system passes on requirements. For example, a quotation for 100 pieces and a probability of 50% will generate requirements for 50 pieces.