cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party free goods replacement sales order should not trigger purchase req. prior to order completion...

0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have an issue reg. third party replacement order process where the purchase req. is triggering and showing the number in schedule lines tab before the order is not complete. Client needs purchase req. to be triggered after the order is complete. So please help me on this if u have any solutions or views which will help me alot. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat ,

As Shiva Ram mentioned, you can use the user exit to fix this.

Alternatively you can create a dummy Schedule Line Category (Not Relevent for Availability Check/Requirement) and make it as default for the Third Party Line Item. When the user completes the document, they can manually change the Schedule Line Category to the actual one which triggers Preq.

Again it depends on the volume of data business process in their day to day activities. If the volume is high, then i would suggest User Exit.

With Regards

Vinu Nanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Vinu,

Thanks for the reply. Yes they have high volume so not looking for temporary solution. I hope this can only be solved by an ABAP guy by using the user exit. Okay will come back if any info needed. Thanks again.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another solution I can think of is, if the sales order is incomplete, apply reason for rejection at the line item level using user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in program MV45AFZZ. Once the order is made complete, then the user can remove the reason for rejection, which can create the purchase req.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks alot shiva for the prompt reply....I have gone through the link u given which is almost similar to my issue but I am seeing the purchase req. number in sales order before the order is complete. Anyway I will check with this and get back to you if any thing needed....i have another issue with purchase req. which is below....

Third party replacement orders should not generate a purchase req. until Workflow is released....

So can u please give a solution for this??? Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Thanks for your reply!

Another use of Reason of Rejection is learnt / known.

Bharat,

I tested by using Billing block and delivery block in the 3rd party sales order. But still when this order was saved, the PR was created.

Third party replacement orders should not generate a purchase req. until 

Could you explain the background of this requirement?

When a 3rd party order is created, whether it is incomplete or complete, it shall be delivered by a 3rd party vendor. That is the reason why SAP allows the creation of a PR.

Thus why your business does not want a PR to be created when the order is incomplete?

0 Kudos

T W thanks for responding to my post...

The business wants the order to be complete (in completion log)  before purchase req. is triggered and another issue they also want the purchase req. to be triggered after the workflow is released.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bharat,

If business does not want a PR to be created if 3rd party order is incomplete, then why allow the creation of an incomplete 3rd party order.

For the above, you could activate field Incomplete message in your sales document type in VOV8.

Furthermore, could you please explain why the business does not a PR to be created for an incomplete 3rd party order.

I understand the requirement but I want to know the background information for this requirement.

0 Kudos

T W i will get back to you on this once i knw the background information of the requirement thanks alot....

0 Kudos

Hi TW,

The reason they allow incomplete third party order is they would like to complete later in some cases. In that case they dont want the Purchase req. to be triggered. Once they complete the incompletion log they want to release credit block manually and then the purchase req. to be triggered. Purchase order will be created by using batch job....can we suppress purchase req. by changing or configuring in completion procedure or if u have any other solution will be appreciable.....

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R,

Give the Field Name "BANFN"  ( Purchase Requisition Number fields name in Sales order ) and Table Name" VBEP" and tell the logic to ABAPer like If any Sales Order is incomplete by that time don't want to trigger Purchase Requisition number in Schedule Line Tab in Sales Order but I want If any Sales Order is completed by that time ,the Purchase Requisition number will be triggered in Schedule line Tab in Sales Order.

I hope ,the ABAPer guy will solve your Issue with this Logic.

I think ,Incompletion procedure did.t fulfill your  Requirement and also this is not good for all situations.

If you have any issues please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Thanks alot Narendra....i will get back if any more information needed.....

0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I would like to know is it purely ABAPer can solve the issue or is there any customization from SD side that can solve? Can we add the missing fields in in-completion procedure and can this suppress triggering of PR? I am already working with abaper but would like to know anythng we can do from SD side aswell.

Here the process of creating third party orders are below...

The third party order will be created and then they release the credit block manually in VKM3 after the PR is getting triggered even the document is not complete ( Incompletion log). They just want the PR to be triggered once the document is complete.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read this below file,i hope you can understand.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13571638

If yiu have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren