SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carryforward of payment budget in FMJ2

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using FM-BCS. activated both Commitment and Payment Budget. while carryforwarding Open PO (CB consumed) through FMJ2, the relevant portion payment budget can be carry forwarded automatically through FMJ2 along with Commitment Budget.

Eg. Budget Address for F1+C1 = Com. Budget =Rs. 1,00,000 and Payment Budget=Rs. 1,00,000

Created PO and Com.Budget consumed for Rs.50000.

Available Balance in Budget Address is Com. budget = 50000 and Payment Budget = Rs.100000

At Year End Operation, Open PO has been carry forwarded to next fiscal Year

E.g

Com.BudgetcPayment Budget
Budget for F1+C1100000100000
Consumed Budget against F1+C150000 (PO)0
Available Budget50000100000
Residual Budget at year end50000100000
Open Item Amount is to be carryforward500000

Please advice,  how can i forward Rs.50000 from Payment Budget with FMJ2.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Sam

13 REPLIES 13

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use derivation strategy for creation of additional budget lines. When you carry-forward your documents, the budget is carried-over with a document type you have customized. Create a derivation startegy for additional lines, basing it on this document type for payment budget. Then, whenever a commitment budget is created following the carry-forward, payment budget will follow.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We used Derivation Strategy for creation of Additional Budget Lines when we carry forward commitment budget through Define Derivation Strategy for Additional Budget Line Items.

Here we would like to now will it have any impact on Integration with other Module.

Please advice on same.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you restrict your rule it to document type you will use strictly for carry-forward, then there will be no impact.

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli

0 Kudos

Hello , welcome to SCN forums!

Please remember close this discussion if you solve the issue.

More info read: How do I close and award points in Discussions?

Regards!

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We have been created Derivation for Creation of Addl.line items for Carry over Payment Budget along with Com.Budget.

This derivation has been carrying Payment Budget even though Budget not maintained in relevant Budget address. i.e allowing into negative budget.

In above example :

E.g

Com.BudgetcPayment Budget
Budget for F1+C11000000

Consumed Budget against F1+C150000 (PO)0

Available Budget500000

Residual Budget at year end500000
Open Item Amount is to be carryforward500000
Availability of Budget thorugh FMAVCR010-50000

We should restrict the carry over to the extent of

a) Lower of payment budget available or

b) Amount of Open Item.

Please advice on same.

Regards

Sam

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a consistency check which will not allow negative budget on the line. If you want the solution be more sophisticated, i.e. amount of payment budget will be dependent on the available amount, then you have to develop an enhancement in your strategy; you won't get this result by a simple derivation rule.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Sorry for late reply.

I have created Consistency rule, but system not restricting the negative budget on additional line item.

Please help on this.

Regards

Sam

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check if this consistency rule that you created works in other cases; say, in simple FMBB document?

0 Kudos

Yes, we have created consistency rule to restrict budget release in FMBB document and its working.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, I would raise a message to OSS.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a comment:

If the PO consumes Commitment budget only, then when you run FMJ2 with Budget CF, I would expect the system will only take commitment budget.

It seems like you have to carry forward the payment budget manually, not with FMJ2.

Have you tried FMMPCOVR - Budget Carry Forward ...? In there, you can use a key figure as basis for calculations and choose the budget category for Payment budget.

(I hope I have correctly understood your question, otherwise, sorry...)

Regards,

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Thank you for your reply,

You know through FMMPCOVR, we can carryforward residual budget. Due to client requirement, the Payment budget is to be carryforward while performing FMJ2 itself. Though we have done by creating addl. line item through derivation strategy, its taking up the PB also, but its not restricting the budget availability.