cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one is better for uploading data LSMW or ECATT ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am going to implement my product in customer place.which tool I can use for uploading data.ECATT or LSMW whch one is better to upload master data and transaction data ,which one is user friendly?kindly guide me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general, both tools do the same thing (process transactions). ECATT (Computer Aided Test Tool), transaction SCAT, was built as a true testing tool for project implementation phases and thus, comes with a lot of transaction logging features. It requires quite a bit of technical knowledge to work with though.

LSMW was built specifically for data loads (but can be used to process any transaction). While it does not have all the logging features of CATT, it is much easier & faster to deploy and does not require as much technical knowledge…but at the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference (mine is clearly with LSMW). LSMW is used by the functional consultants for mass data upload for master data.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the explaination is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,If I go LSMW for Master data uploading , Can I use LSMW for transation data also? Is it advisable? or which one I can use for transaction data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Please refer this link

Regards,

Arif Mansuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

We generally use LSMW for the transaction data especially for uploading data for pricing conditions.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the solution is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding master data it is LSMW whereas for transaction data it is ECATT.

We can use either of the above for uploading both master data and transaction data . But what is important is the number of customers or materials available and on which tool we are wellversed it does not impact on the system and on our performance.

Mohan

Award points if it helps.

'